cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up gap on bar chart (Y-AXIS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a column graph that displays Month on X-AXIS and quantity of complaint on Y-AXIS.

The quantity per customer can be different.

Eg: Customer A can have value from 50 to 10000

Customer B can have value from 0 to 5.

The problem I have is:

When it is customer A, it works well on Y-AXIS.  it shows 0, 1000, 2000.... 10000

But, when it is customer B, it shows 0, 0.5, 1.0, 2.5, 3.0, 3.5 .... 5.0

How can I get rid of the decimals?

I have formatted the number to be without decimal.  But,  it is still showing 0,0.5, 1.0 etc.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Shwu Hua Gan,

what you need to do is to use 2 charts in conditionally suppressed sections. this is because the axis labels can not be formatted dynamically.

so create a new section below the section where your chart is now, copy your existing chart and then format the scale in the new chart by right clicking on one of the Y axis values and choosing Data Y Axis Options. use the Scale & Numbers tab options to format the axis for this new chart.

now you need to conditionally suppress the original section and the new section. you may want the original section to show up when the Y Axis maximum is going to be greater than 100 so your suppression formula would be something like

maximum({your value field}, {your customer group field}) <= 100

and the suppression formula for the second section would be something like

maximum({your value field}, {your customer group field}) > 100

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for replying. Look like that is by design with the decimal, which is kind of a pain.

Answers (0)