cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server connection issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to access the DB from SQL Server, I follow the below link to connect the DB ().After completion of the whole procedure hit the open Service Document in the browser it shows the error like HTTP Status 403 - Requested URL is not valid.Mean while i'm trying the same url(http://localhost:8080/gateway/odata/sap/SampleServiceApplication;v=1) in the REST client it shows 200 ok result. After hit the URL (http://localhost:8080/gateway/odata/sap/SampleServiceApplication;v=1/EmployeeODataSet) it shows the error like Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Login failed for user 'smpAdmin'. ClientConnectionId:83c820a9-6adb-4987-b040-37cbb8f6f4bd).But i'm giving the same user ID for Gatewat cockpit management. So Could you please help me over this. jitendra kansal Midhun VP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Entity set name and Table name in the DB must be same .Provide the DB driver name i.e. "Database Driver:com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver".

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Are you tying with MYSQL or MS SQL database?

After completion of the whole procedure hit the open Service Document in the browser it shows the error like HTTP Status 403 - Requested URL is not valid.Mean while i'm trying the same url

Are you accessing the same service document being in the same machine where SMP 3.0 server is installed or from some other machine?

please check after changing localhost to ip address OR host name of smp server?

it shows the error like Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Login failed for user 'smpAdmin'. ClientConnectionId:83c820a9-6adb-4987-b040-37cbb8f6f4bd).But i'm giving the same user ID for Gatewat cockpit management. 

You must have deployed OData model to SMP server with namespace as 'sap' as per given document? right. So have to created a security configuration of same name i.e. 'sap' ? What is the type of security provider for this namespace? e.g. NoAuthenticationChallenge . If yes, then you dont required to pass any username and password.

If possible, please share screenshots to understand your problem much better.

Regards,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

we are using MSSQL server 2008.

we are using the different machines for SMP server and development.

Created the SAP namespace and also done the security configuration with same name i.e. SAP and using NonauthenticationChallenge for security.For better understanding i'm attaching the screen shorts.Please go through that provide me the solution. Thanks!

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you check below points:

1. Is backend DB up and running?
  2. backend table name and entity set name should be same. ie. EmployeeODataSet (case sensitive)
  3. where you have installed DB? at SMP server machine or other machine?
  4. can you share the destination settings done in IGW cockpit?
  5. Make sure your namespace and security profile name must match. ie. SAP (again case sensitive)
  6. cross check all the steps mentioned here

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

Thanq for your support to doing SMP 3.0.Now we get the data from ODATA service using MSSQL Server.

1.Is plugin development necessary one each application or only one plugin Development for all other applications?

2.How to POST the Data to the DB using the ODATA Service?

3.how to perform CURD operations through ODATA Service?

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Need more clarifications:

1.Is plugin development necessary one each application or only one plugin Development for all other applications?

Which plugin development you are talking about?

2.How to POST the Data to the DB using the ODATA Service?

3.how to perform CURD operations through ODATA Service?

Posting data/CUD operation for given service document  OR through application id?

Look at this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

I too had a same issue, please let me know if u resolve this?

Sravanya