cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to mask SSN number in Identification Number field in BP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We have a requirement to mask the initial 5 digits of SSN number when displayed in the Identification Number field in the Identification tab of BP transaction. What is the best way to go ahead with this enhancement?

We do not want to encrypt the data at the database level. Just encrypt at while displaying SSN Number on BP transaction.

If anyone has carried out such enhancement, would appreciate if you can share how you did it?

Thanks to all in advance,

Shyamak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

tobias_keller3
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I just chanced on this thread.

It may be helpful to note that SAP Custom Development has released an add-on product, UI Masking / (a.k.a. UI Field Security), a generic functionality to achieve data masking for sensitive fields through configuration. Currently works for SAP GUI; other UI channels are being considered.

More information can be found on the following SCN page: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-57739

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shyamak,

This is for CRM -

Go the PBO of the screen that has identification details. In a suitable PBO module, you can implement and implicit enhancement point and change the data in internal table.

In my system it is function group BUD0. It would be same in yours as well. Screen is 1520 for me, it may be something else for you. I would have done in module - 'pbo_1520'. Do it at the end of this module. Internal table name GT_BUT0ID

You need to so something similar in ECC

Cheers

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Niraj,

I checked it both on CRM and ECC. The point identified by you will help me in the making the enhancement.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Shyamak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shyamak,

I would do it in the UI in the GET-method of this field then. Just replace the digits with '*****'.

Best regards,

Thomas Wagner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Thomas.

Yes I would like to do that in WebUI, but my current requirement is to have it done in GUI. Both SAP ECC(ISU) as well as the CRM system.

Regards,

Shyamak