cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cache issues?

0 Kudos

Folks.

I'm facing a strange issue. I have a data model with 6 entities. If just try to open the metadata for all of them, works perfectly except for one.

This entity is provoking a dump. The reason I can find in ST22 is that there is a 'Multiple specification of the Name XXXXXX' as a component. I have done a debugging in method 'CHECK_COMPONENT_TABLE' of class 'CL_ABAP_STRUCTDESCR'. Table p_components has much more entries than the ones I have for that entity (180 and I get 280, more or less). For the rest entities tested, no issues found.

I've already cleanup caches :

/IWFND/CACHE_CLEANUP

/IWFND/CLEANUP

... and regenerated the model. I'm still getting undesired fields there. The error is produced when trying to insert in an internal table and I have duplicated entries.

Your help is much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per my understanding of your problem , you are getting duplicates properties and its dumping with the error Multiple specification of the Name XXXXXX' as a component when try to insert a table of entries may be because of defining properties/entities multiples times in the MPC_EXT class.

Have u written any extra code in MPC_EXT class apart from what GW has generated in MPC class in order to extend the functionality ?

When we want to change or enhance our data model with custom code in MPC_EXT class, Usually we always make a call to our super class first i.e., MPC class and then we write the code to enhance anything as per our needs.

When we do this we need to be careful that we will never define entities or properties again in the MPC_EXT class as GW would already been generated code to define things in MPC class durong run-time object generation and we are already making call to that super class before we do any custom code.

So check the above things and remove code if any written to define things multiple times in MPC_EXT class.

This should resolve the problem and definitely this s not related to cache issue.

Problem would be in the Model for sure.

Regards,

Ashwin

0 Kudos

Hi.

After analyzing a little bit more and checking some emails from a colleague, I can see that the entity has been enhanced with some includes. The standard code is not taking in account the prefixes assigned in the includes.

I saw this link:

Extending an OData Service Using Service Builder - SAP NetWeaver Gateway - SAP Library

Any other thing I should check?

Thanks in advance.

Iñigo.

0 Kudos

I've found the issue.

It seems that if you create a new entity using data dictionary that has some includes using the suffix functionality, doesn't work (we applied some SAP HR patches some days ago).

Method GET_STRUCTURE_FIELDS in class /IWBEP/CL_MGW_EXPAND_NODE is messing up everything and gives a list of properties much higher than the one defined (168 defined and 280 finally collected).

This method is also new to support package SAPK-20008INGWCORE and SAPK-20008INIWBEP.

I tested it in another system with support packages : SAPK-20006INGWCORE and SAPK-20006INIWBEP without any issue.

Has anybody had the same issue? I haven't find anything in service.sap.com.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are facing the UI DUMP message like 'Multiple specification of the Name XXXXXX'. Please check if the SP level of software component SAP_GWFND less than 740/009.

If yea please apply the standard note

2050512 - Multiple Specification of the Name <> as a Component Name

Hope this will be helpful.

Regards

Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firstly, do you really need an entity of 180 properties?

It does sound like there are duplicated property names; if these are reported in ST22 it would have to be that.

However, there is another OData syntax rule (restricted to SAP OData?) which states you cannot have a property name that matches an entity name. This should result in a runtime error and won't appear in ST22 as it's not an ABAP syntax breach.

Regards

Ron.

0 Kudos

I have checked the property name and I don't see same names used for property and entity.

Some examples in the property and abap field name that I can see in the table :

Property Name : Amount1D1

ABAP Field Name : Amount_1_D1

What I can see in p_component table

- I can see an entry with Amount_1_D1 value

- But also Amount_1. It looks like is truncating to 8 chars.

Only happens for this entity (before was not happening). Not sure if patches were applied or what.

Regards,

Iñigo.

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please share screen shot of your model ?

Regards,

Ashwin

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, When you say "This entity is provoking a dump." what do you exactly mean?

What URL are you using?

0 Kudos

Hi, i'm using the gateway client with the following URIs

/sap/opu/odata/sap/ZTEST_SRV/EntitySet1 --> Dump (status code 500). RFC Error: An exception occurred that was not caught

/sap/opu/odata/sap/ZTEST_SRV/EntitySet2 --> OK (status code 200)

/sap/opu/odata/sap/ZTEST_SRV/EntitySet3 --> OK (status code 200)

/sap/opu/odata/sap/ZTEST_SRV/EntitySet5 --> OK (status code 200)

MPC_EXT has not been modified, I checked al the definitions and nothing has been changed.

As I explained when debugging, I get much more fields, of course duplicated ones but also the ones defined in the entity but truncated. That's why I thought it was related to cache.

In E2E Error monitoring I can see the message /IWFND/CM_BEC026 but is meaningless. Also checked OSS 128447 but nothing ...

Any other thing to check?

Thanks in advance.

Iñigo.