Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32k rows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using Dashboard Design 4.1 SP1.

First, I adjusted the Maximum number of rows to 40000.

Then, when I tried to use 32168 rows in excel, Dashboard crashed and now I cannot load the xlf file, it hangs.

I read previously that 512 rows is best practice, but what if I need to use thousands of rows? Is there a way to achieve this?

Thank you,

George

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Obviously the dashboard wont support & 100% it will crash when dealing with huge data. As you are aware that dashboard is meant only to display summarized information not the detailed data.

What is you source ? you can set the filters in the source level or if you are using only the spreadsheet then as a workaround i would suggest you to create a webi report and import the webi to the dashboard. This is more flexible rather the playing with the pain.

--SumanT

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need a basic sales report: Products x Customers x Salesmen x Months. This can hardly be below few thousand rows.

The value for us is in the dynamic filtering that Dashboard offers to be done by the users when the pdf files were exported to and created.

Can I use Dashboard for this purpose?

If not, for which applications would I use Dashboard?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whats your source? Are you connecting through a universe>Qaaws? Or just excel file?

Your source could be 32k records no problem, but on dashboard only filtered records should be shown.

Like in your case, you can use a filter by product or months etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The source is an excel file, and we want to give the Dashboard to a user as pdf to slice it and dice it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. Have you tried editing the preferences in dashboard to increase the record count?

You can do it in File > Preferences > Excel options.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it's at 40000

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest increase slowly and see at what point the dashboard crashes. That should be the cut off.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, thank you

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi GG,

I would recommend you to go with webi report which can take excel as a datasource, from there you can call the webi report inside the dashboard using live office or qwaas connection even the above steps wont work.

--SumanT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your feedback, Suman.

If I connect Xcelsius with Webi, is it possible to produce reports in pdf format with large data which are also dynamic and interactive and allow users to filter data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

You could achieve using 40000 rows of data in the dashboard by creating a Webi report.

This webi report is published as a BI web service which can be used in the Dashboard.

The dashboard can be published in different formats Eg: Flash file, pdf, ppt, word irrespective of the datasource/connection  being used in it.

Refer to the following link for creation of the above.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Noopur

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apply the logic's in webi and create the report, then embedded the report into dashboard using Live Office or web service connection. But not again the 40000 records into the dashboard. Use prompts are filters to make the data at summarized level.

Yes then you can export them into the PDF format. But make sure that server details are configured in user machine's host entry.

All the best!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How many records are you going to show on the dashboard? 32K? Thats too much for user to grasp.

Arun