cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Individual/Collective Requirements :(

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

This one is a continuation to thread "".

#1. The parent material is setup with 'Individual/Collective Requirement' as '2'.

#2. The component has no value in ''Individual/Collective Requirement' meaning that the parent's value should be taken into consideration whilst planning. But post MRP/MPS run i get planned order's of type 'VP' for the components.

When the component is setup with either '1' or '2' i could get to see the expected results. Whereas when set to 'Nil' they aren't following the Higher level assemblies setup.

Please do help out.

Note: Since i had the previous thread closed had to open a new one.

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is how the I/C indicator works. The I/C = x is the setting on material master and the (X) inside the boxes are the end result (individual or collective) during material planning. Check how SAP determines the indicator in case of C-1 & C-3 components:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Julio,

Thanks for your comments.

Here C-3 (component 3) has it's I/C = 1 but, why is it planned as collective requirement.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am reproducing below the explanation given by SAP concerning the situation of the C-3 component:

"All materials that appear under one material in collective requirements in the BOM are planned as collective requirements ("inheritance") irrespective of the setting in the material master"

In the example above the C-3 component "inherited" the collective settings from S-2. If you would have, for example, X-1 as component of S-2 it would also "inherit" the collective settings from S-2 and so on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Julio,

Meaning that if a parent material is set with I/C = 2, will i get stock orders for all of it's components even if they are setup with I/C = 1 ?

If yes, Why is it so ?

I've posted some more queries over this topic can you please share your thoughts on that.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

About your first question:

Meaning that if a parent material is set with I/C = 2, will i get stock orders for all of it's components even if they are setup with I/C = 1 ? -> Correct

About your second question:

If yes, Why is it so ? -> The indicator plays a role on MTO strategy only. When you set up I/C = 1 on MTO item the system will get costs account assigned to a sales order (on the example above the M-1 item). During M-1's BOM explosion system will create the demand for the S-2 item, which in theory has been defined with MTS strategy (that´s why you see the I/C = 2). For MTS items the account assignment to the sales order is not relevant anymore and the making costs will be posted to stock account when you do the GR for the production order. From this point (S-2) onwards the system will not be able anymore to "pass" the account assignment from the upper level (M-1 one) to the S-2's components, so all under S-2 is planned with collective requirements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Julio,

I'll have this tested(just to ensure that i understand things) in the quality environment and get back to you with more queries.

How does this work in case of material discontinuation ? How are requirements transferred to the follow-up material ?

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

From MRP perspective it should work exactly the same for the follow-up item. Check the link below with more info about the discontinuation data:

Discontinuation Data - Production Orders (PP-SFC) - SAP Library

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Point no:10 in this link 'Discontinued parts' explains about this.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good catch. So it was not exactly as I thought earlier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Please check the strategy you have maintained in Parent material.

Please understand the Individual\Collective indicator behaviors.

It controls weather this component will behave as MTO or MTS or based on upper level material.

If upper level is 50 and you have left the Indi.\collec. indicator setting as blank, then it will act as in case of strategy 50.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Animesh,

I've posted some more queries over this topic can you please share your thoughts on that.

Regards,

Rahul

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

I believe that my explanation on the previous thread was not clear.

The value for the setting "individual/collective" is not inherited from the setting of the material master if you let the value blank.

If you let the field empty, system will follow the same behavior of the parent material, that means:

- If VP planned orders were generated for the parent material, VP planned orders will be generated for the child.

- If the parent material planned order was planned under collective stock, the child order will also be planned on collective stock.

As far as I could observe from the attached screenshots, your system is working as designed.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Caetano,

Thanks for the comments. I still do have some queries though.

Case 1: How do this setting work in case if one of the component is set with discontinuation indicator ? How are requirements transferred to the follow-up material ?

#1. A component had been setup with discontinuation indicator. Which has it's I/C value as 2.

#2. The parent material has a strategy group of '52', meaning that it would get me VP planned orders. Well it got me the same.

#3. Well MRP results for the follow-up material looks a bit confusing. It has no value to I/C meaning that the component should be planned just as similar to the parent material. But this material is referring to it's immediate header ( The one that was discontinued I/C = 2 ). Why is it to ? Shouldn't i get VP planned orders for this case ?

Case 2: The followup material's I/C was changed to '1'. Post MRP i still have stock orders for the material. No VP planned orders. Even in this case it's referring to the immediate header and not it's own value.

please do help out.

Regards,

Rahul