cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Lowercase letters' setting for Shared infoObjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

As you all know, the following properties are shared across Environments and are reused infoObjects.

/CPMB/ACCTYPE

/CPMB/CALC

/CPMB/RATETYP

/CPMB/YEAR

/CPMB/CURR

/CPMB/ENTITY

/CPMB/REPORT

/CPMB/FLOWTYP

/CPMB/TILEVEL

/CPMB/PERIOD

They are used for referential integrity between BPC dimensions.

E.G. The ENTITY dimension has property CURRENCY (/CPMB/CURR) which should contain an existing member of the Currency dimension.

In BW, shouldn't the 'Lowercase letters' setting always be flagged for these shared infoObjects? (Like it is flagged for each BPC dimension!)

As at my current client, this is not the case... They migrated from BPC 7.5 to 10.0 NW. The shared InfoObjects have an empty tickbox for Lowercase letters. I wonder if this setting should be part the Upgrade process?

Anyone that has experienced the same?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think its part of upgrade process. We upgraded from 7.5 to 10 and we can see tick mark of Lowercase letters

Thanks,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raju.

Then I hope someone can explain why this would not be ticked

and how we can correct this.

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Can you please check what do you have in "Last change" of these objects? Because they supposed to be in Upper Case ONLY.

Reason is that BPC programs compare, for example, Account Type to AST, LEQ, EXP and INC, not to Ast or aSt or asT. This is the reason why they will be always converted to upper case before storing them in the DB.

Values of all other InfoObjects is not used in BPC programs therefore they can be either case.

Regards,

Gersh

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gresh,

System generated attributes not allowed lowercase letters  like ACCTYPE, CALC etc. But dimension (Account ) does allow you to maintain lowercase letters.

Other wise we cant maintain dimension Ids in lowercase letters.

Thanks,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, because dimension ID's can be entered with upper & lowercase, shouldn't shared infoobjects that reference members (like a foreign key) allow lowercase as well and thus have this tickbox checked?

Because now I see validation failing when trying to populate the ENTITY property in INTCO dimension even when it's entered in the same case as the ID of the ENTITY dimension.

Would reactivating environmentshell fix the settings of all shared objects under /CPMB/IOBJGEN ?

p.s. Yes Gersh, I see in changed version the tickbox correctly ticked. So something must have changed it... maybe during some transports.

Answers (0)