cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Dataset button disabled in Lumira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have installed licensed version of Lumira desktop. We are using version 1.17.2. When we connect to HANA system, in the 'Prepare' tab, the option to add 'New dataset' is disabled. However if we use Lumira to connect to SQL via ODBC, the option becomes enabled.

Also there multiple options under the 'Share' tab like Export as file, Publish to SAP HANA,publish to explorer, Lumira cloud, Lumira server, SAP Streamwork and publish to SAP BI available when we connect to SQL. However none of these options are available when we connect to HANA expect, publish to lumria server.

Has anyone faced similar issues? We are currently user HANA sp6 and we have not installed Lumira server on BI. In such situations is there a way to share the Lumira content among the users?

Also when I click on Help-> Enter Keycode, it says you can enter a keycode to unlock disabled features, but it also says I have installed SAP Lumira Perpetual licence. Is there any other license we need to install ?

Thanks,

Aamod.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

when working in HANA Online mode you are not acquiring any data locally into the local Sybase instance on the desktop.  That's why you cannot enrich/transform the data (in prepare room).

With regards to Sharing, I presume you have a Story you want to publish, based on a HANA Online source. For reasons of security and governance, that data should not leave that HANA instance... Therefore, you can only publish to the Lumira Server which is hosted on that same HANA server.

Regards,

H

Answers (0)