cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Leave request - create att. type "Working from home" without affecting time evaluation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We came across a time management topic which seams to be complicated to solve.

My client wants to implement the possibility to register "Working from Home" through the portal. The ideal solution would be to create an attendance type that could be requested through Leave Request application and also can be seen through Team Calendar etc. It is configured and working fine (see screenshot below).

The problem is this will create a record on infotype 2002 and time management team is concerned because this attendance will affect time evaluation. The main requirement is: time evaluation schema should completely ignore this attendance when running time evaluation.

Is there any way to accomplish this requirement? Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
AS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mraffel
Participant
0 Kudos

Did you figure this one out? We would be interested to learn more about your approach.

Best regards,

Mathias Raffel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

Actually what we did was to do a enhancement on the RPTARQPOST report to do not change leave request status from APPROVED to POSTED if the attendance type was "HOME". This was the leave request status was always approved and appeared on the calendar and the attendance was not saved in infotype 2002.

That's not a fancy solution but it works.

Best,
AS

mraffel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

thank you for your feedback.

We chose a little different approach.

We still have to test in detail but so far it looks good:

Create a PCR to check if the attendance exists.

In the TE schema I added an IF condition to use the result of above PCR.

If true, I call P2002 with PAR2 being blank (existing time pairs remain unchanged).

The second step in the IF TRUE branch is a PCR to remove the time pair for the attendance from TIP.

In the ELSE branch I call the P2002 with PAR2 = '*' like we did before. No change to the TE results for a day w/o the cross training attendance.

Thanks and best regards,

Mathias

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Can you please share if you were able to solve this requirement and how?

I have a similar requirement.

Thank you,

Nancy

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This is indeed interesting requirement. If you need just for reporting, then these are the options I can think of >> Don't allow this attendance type to be updated in IT2002, modify rptarqpost to disregard this posting >> Change the time evaluation schema to ignore this attendance type (this is simple one) >>are you using CATS? >> substitution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

Thanks for your hints.

We are not using CATS only leave request app.

Regarding your first option I understood it correctly and won't be easy to change. However it might affect performance of report rptarqpost in the future if we have many attandances of this type (this report will select all "APPROVED" requests to post them).

Regarding the changes on the time evaluation schema can you please give me more details on how can I achieve this? My TM consultant told me this would be difficult to achieve since we have different schemas (1 per country) and this type configuration is very difficult to do.

Thanks for helping.

Best Regards,

AS

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I dont think rptarqpost performance would be bad as how many request would be there, its just to ignore it. Typically rptarqpost is scheduled more frequently. in Time evaluation, probably a PCR or a rule which forms the TIP table, i m not the expert in this. We can check in SAP HCM forum for this or possibly use some attributes in T554s table?