cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification not Sent on Time Rejection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are implementing MSS on Portal. When the Manager Rejects the Time in the 'Time Recording Status for My Team' Application entered by the employee, the Rejection Notification is not sent to the employee's SBWP Inbox.

The 'Rejection' Checkbox is Checked at the following location :

SPRO -> Cross-Application Components -> Time Sheet -> Settings for All User Interfaces -> Approval Procedure -> Approve Working Times -> Define Profiles and Assign to Views.

Is there some additional Configuration required for the same?

Any help would be highly Appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

1933310 - The recipient of the timesheet rejection notification Are you using the standard profiles for CATS in MSS? have you assigned correctly? You should configure the parameter CATS_APPR_PROF on SU3 for the profile for manager approval. Then, you should configure the profile on SM30 -> view V_CATS_APPR_CUST and mark the Rejection flag that will trigger the email when the manager rejects the employee's hours.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Thanks for the reply. I configured the parameter CATS_APPR_PROF as the Profile SAP_LINE for the Manager. Also, in SM30 -> View V_CATS_APPR_CUST has the Profile Entry SAP_LINE with the Rejection Flag marked, but still the email is not sent to the Employee.

Also, I put a Breakpoint in the Function Module CATS_SEND_MAIL but it's not getting called when the Manager Rejects the Time.

Please help.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

METH CL_MSS_CAT_APPR_ROW               SET_APPROVAL_VALUE Debug here. It should send the mail, Please check SOST setting or SCOT to ensure this is set up correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I put a Breakpoint in the method SET_APPROVAL_VALUE in the Class CL_MSS_CAT_APPR_ROW, it stops there when the Manager goes from the Time Recording  to the Details Page ,but when the Manager does the Rejection, select a Rejection reason and then 'Reject' button , it does not go there ,the time gets Rejected and the email is not sent to the employee.

I checked the Settings in SCOT and it is fine, as another Program used to send emails is sending the emails successfully and it shows up in the Queue.

Please help.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

it should stop? CALL METHOD cl_mss_cat_appr_application=>get_instance   receiving     rref_application = lref_appl.     lt_reason = lref_appl->get_f4_reasons( ). settings in s016? verify. Otherwise raise a ticket, Its tough to know whats going on, without seeing an example otherwise use this http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-29430

Former Member
0 Kudos

It stopped in the methods get_instance and get_f4_reasons but still the email is not sent to the employee.

Is there something specific I need to check in the Transaction so16?

Also, it's the Function Module CATS_SEND_MAIL which is used to send the emails on Rejection,right?

Thanks

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

CATS_SEND_MAIL  definitely triigered from transaction code 'CATS_APPR_LITE'. try rejecting from ECC and debug this and see if mail is triggered or not from backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Rejected the time from CATS_APPR_LITE but still no email is sent to the employee to his SBWP Inbox.

Please help.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

put the BP CATS_SEND_MAIL and check and ensure checkbox is checked in trans code to send mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are talking about the Checkbox in the Tcode : CATS_APPR_LITE , right?

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

yes to send mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

I put a Breakpoint in the Function Module CATS_SEND_MAIL and it did stop and sent the email successfully from the Transaction CATS_APPR_LITE.

But the same thing when I try from the Portal, it does not send the email. The Parameter CATS_APPR_PROF i configured as SAP_LINE for the Approver.

Please help.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

there is some config missing without looking at your system its tough to tell,Please raise it to sap if after checking all your config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you think of anything else before going to SAP?.

When the Approver does the Rejection from the Portal , it does not call or stop at the Function Module CATS_SEND_MAIL.

Please help.