Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP-SD Job opportunities for fresher with 12 years of domain experience in Sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have done my MBA from a foreign university under distance learning program. prior to that have done  B.Com. Currently i am working with a time share industry as a Manager . I have about 12 years of experience in sales & marketing.    Now i am planning to change my career to SAP as a SD consultant. I have short listed ATOS India (Bangalore Branch) for the certification program as they are authorized to conduct SAP training program.

Kindly guide me as i am 37 years old planning to change my career to SAP as a consultant.. is it a right decision at this age?

do i have a chance of getting job after the certification.I don't have any prior knowledge about SAP.  As per  ATOS counselor  I have good chance of getting a job and my age will not be a problem. But i am still confused.. am i too old to find/start a career in SAP?

Please provide some guideline.

With Regards,

Ranjit 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ranjit,

A fresher (of any age) will have to struggle a lot to get his break in SAP SD job market.

For around 40 years, the struggle will be more difficult.

ATOS etc. will paint a pretty picture because they are selling the training programs. So don't believe them!

SAP is not difficult...if you are genuinely interested to serve the clients and learn every day with passion and enthusiasm, then you will succeed. It might take 5 years of struggle, to land a well paying job and stability.

Choose is your...evaluate your financial resources and your desire, then take the decision.

SAP SD is a great module... with great architecture (design).

TW

12 REPLIES 12

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ranjit,

A fresher (of any age) will have to struggle a lot to get his break in SAP SD job market.

For around 40 years, the struggle will be more difficult.

ATOS etc. will paint a pretty picture because they are selling the training programs. So don't believe them!

SAP is not difficult...if you are genuinely interested to serve the clients and learn every day with passion and enthusiasm, then you will succeed. It might take 5 years of struggle, to land a well paying job and stability.

Choose is your...evaluate your financial resources and your desire, then take the decision.

SAP SD is a great module... with great architecture (design).

TW

0 Kudos

Hi Mr. TW,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions. Sir, which module i should select for certification SD or CRM considering my past experience and job opportunities? I have got to know from some of the experts, SAP-SD is the ideal module for me to have a certification and it has more job opportunities then SAP-CRM. Please guide me.

With Regards,

Ranjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajit,

TW has pointed out correctly.  SAP counselors always try to sell the product.  I think you know what they do as you are also in Sales and Marketing. Always you need to check all negative sides as age is a big constraint.  Not only that, you need to work with 20+ years guys, so you should be prepared for that.  If you think, you will get a job in 6 months then keep extra 25% due to your age.  Do not leave your current job.

Talking on Positive side:

I have already told in another discussion that there were four guys (35 to 40 years) were studied with me when I have done certification 8 years back, but everybody got a job in CMMLevel 5 companies in India.

As TW suggested, take those consideration and study SAP SD.

Best of Luck.

Regards

GGOPII

0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Chandrakesan,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions. Sir, which module i should select for certification SD or CRM considering my past experience and job opportunities? I have got to know from some of the experts, SAP-SD is the ideal module for me to have a certification and it has more job opportunities then SAP-CRM. Please guide me.

With Regards,

Ranjit

0 Kudos

Hi Rajit,

Everybody prefers to go for SAP SD but SAP CRM Sales also you can consider.  The reason is post SAP CRM 7 Ehp2, SAP looks promising on many functionalities and many companies Globally opted to implement CRM in their companies.  If you look at after 2 or 3 years, SAP CRM is also going to dominate industry.

If you have patience to get a job and stand out from crowd then you can consider SAP CRM Sales.  However, more opportunities are pouring in SAP SD and same way lot of guys are taking SAP SD.  You have stiff competition in market for SAP SD.

Take a decision wisely, if you comfortable and prefer to take SAP SD then go for it.

Best of luck.

Regards

GGOPII

0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Chandrakesan,

Thanks for your prompt response. I really appreciate your sound advise.

With Regards,

Ranjit

0 Kudos

Dear Gopi & TW Sir,

Ranjit Pathak and my profile almost similar as 12 years experience in Sales and Marketing and current age is around 36 and 37 years old respectively.

Having same query as below...

1. Shall we get a new Opportunity for SAP-SD in India?
  2. Ready to sacrifice our current CTC and go for lesser salary, but How and when we will get hike?
  3. To match current Salary, Is it wait for 5 years, will be long period.
  4. What is the different between SAP-SD Certified Consultant and SAP Implementer?
  5. How many project to complete as gain max experience?
  6. Is it good to work with SAP Implementer Partner to learn, how to go with live project on site?

Please do reply and assist the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Tulsidas Ankam

0 Kudos

Tulsidas,

Salary, salary increase, knowledge gain...there is no simple answer for these. It depends upon many factors (that you can control and that you can not)

There is money in SAP!

Very important is you have to deliver the object which is assigned to you. For that you need good amount of experience, constant endeavor and luck.

If you like the role of a functional analyst then go for it.

Money will come.

0 Kudos

Yes Tulsidas...

You have to take extra caution when you plan to get into SAP SD at this age.  You need to connect with lot of people, then others, to get a job quickly once you done a SAP certification.

Shall we get a new Opportunity for SAP-SD in India?

Offcourse, if you look at major job websites in India, they are recruiting every day, however the peak recruiting period would be Mar to July every year.

Ready to sacrifice our current CTC and go for lesser salary, but How and when we will get hike?

This is purely depends on companies, there is a mid year or annual appreciation cycle.  If you performing well then you would get mid and annual year.

To match current Salary, Is it wait for 5 years, will be long period.

Company to company varies salary side.  You need to check major job websites what they listed, how much they are giving for SAP SD fresher and check your current salary how it matches.

What is the different between SAP-SD Certified Consultant and SAP Implementer?

SAP SD certified consultant name itself states that you are certified SAP SD consultant and you know SAP SD business processes well in system.  SAP Implementer uses client business processes and map into SAP SD business processes as per their needs.

How many project to complete as gain max experience?

This is purely depends on person to person differs... If you are in a good project then one implementation gives you enough understanding of end to end project implementation.  However, each companies business process are different they call it as service industry, process industry, discrete industry and so on... Again if you go to each vertical and horizontal... we learnt only 10% on SAP and Industries when we retired .  Do not measure now anything, just get into SAP to swim.  SAP is Ocean if you ask any SAP consultants.

Is it good to work with SAP Implementer Partner to learn, how to go with live project on site?

Again company to company differs, where you get a job and landing in a project.  But implementation project is very good compare to support because you learn not only SAP also interpersonal skill like presentation, interacting with customers and getting precise requirements, handling clients multi integration teams and so on...  Another major one, you can fly frequently to foreign countries for implementation.

I think I given a big story to you on everything...

Just go to SAP Authorized training and get certified then you will know everything.

Regards

GGOPII

0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Good Morning !!!

Unbelievable !!!

It's my pleasure to go under your guidance.

I learnt now that "SAP is Ocean",

Yes. It's true and correct.

Thank you so much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ranjit,

I changed careers after nearly 20 yrs. I am 43 yrs old now.

Be prepared to work with a guys/gals who are a lot younger than you. You will need a lot of self-motivation and drive to keep up with them.

Don't quit your job. One of my batch mates took leave and finished his course in that time. If you are doing OLT than that's not a problem.

Getting a break is tough for fresher in any field nowadays, so be prepared for the tough grind. No one is waiting for us with flowers in their hands welcoming us just because we are certified. Its tough

As many have said, the people at any center do paint a rosy picture. Do your research and make your choice.

As to which you should take, check out the requirements of both and what the actual job entails. Do what interests you more.

Lastly, no matter what your age or experience, SAP will require daily learning as you come across new scenarios and issues. Be prepared and have an open mind. You cannot be complacent just because, as I said before, you are certified.

Regards,

Aziz

PS - So far, it has kept me interested and I am looking forward to a good and stimulating career.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.