cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Row Calculation Line Height Issue: Not Same Height as Column Lines

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using BI 4.1 SP4 with Microsoft SQL Server 2012.

When building calculations, I have noticed that the height of the line (in the rows section) is not the same as the line in the columns section. It is slightly larger. By the third calculation, it becomes very noticeable. I know that I can adjust the height and make it bigger, but I can not make is smaller.

Please let me know how I can resolve this unalignment issue in the crosstab:

Thank you,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I suggest you raise an incident with our Support colleagues.

In the interim, the workaround is to increase the height of all rows by a few pixels. You can do this easily in the Crosstab Properties task panel. Enter the row height you desire in pixels and this will change all rows in the crosstab.

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Ian. I will submit an incident for this issue.

In regards to the workaround, unfortunately, that does not work properly. Although it allows me to increase the height, the misalignment issue remains:

Thanks,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Support has confirmed that there is an Internet Explorer 10 bug with BI 4.1 SP4.

This IE10 display bug is causing the Row Misalignment Issue.

Do you know when SP5 will be released? Hopefully, this IE10 bug will be fixed in SP5.

Cheers,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

As I understand it, SP05 is scheduled for release in mid-November. Of course the usual caveats apply and the date could change but roughly, mid-November is when you could expect SP05 to be released.

Regards,

Philip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info, Philip!

Since this IE10 display bug is a showstopper for us, do you think SAP could release SP4.1 (with the IE10 fix) in September?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I'm afraid I can't say. This appears to be an IE10 rendering issue, rather than an SAP issue. I did some further testing and I don't see the problem in IE11 or Chrome but it is very apparent in IE10. I've included a screenshot from IE11 and as you can see the table is not misaligned.

Regards,

Philip

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Did SAP support give you an SAP Note or Incident number regarding this issue?

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Here ya go: Incident 765600 / 2014 / Row Misalignment Issue with BI4.1 SP4

Because the only browser supported at Schwab is Internet Explorer 10, this bug is a showstopper for us. I hope they can fix the issue and release an update soon.

Cheers,

Michael

Answers (0)