cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to determine Document Title from Instance title

former_member226862
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there a way to determine Document Title from the title of the instance?

We utilize report scheduling a lot. Most of the scheduled reports send out Emails to different user groups. Most of the scheduled reports that send out Emails use Instance Title in the as the subject line in the Email.

One of the managers forwarded one such Emails that was created by BO and asked me to make adjustments to the distribution list. Even I created the original reoccurring instance it was challenging for me to locate the actual BO document - it was about 12+ month ago since I worked with particular BO document, instance title did not match document title and lot of new BO documents were developed and scheduled since.

Eventually I found the document I was looking for but I am wondering if there is a way to determine title of the document from the Instance title.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nscheaffer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems like there should be an easier way than what I am about to suggest, but I can't think of one right now so here goes.  You can get the Document Title from the Instance Title using Query Builder.  See these links on how to use it...

Once you get logged in, run the following query to find the ID of the report that generated the instance...

SELECT TOP 1 SI_PARENTID

FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS

WHERE SI_NAME = 'Your Instance Title Goes Here'

Take the ID that is returned and put it in the following query...

SELECT *

FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS

WHERE SI_ID = Parent ID Goes Here

The field SI_NAME will have your Document Title.  If you want to go a step further, you could take the SI_PARENTID returned from the second query run it again with that ID and get the folder.

Hope this helps,

Noel

nscheaffer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I was typing up my previous response I did think of another way that is much simpler and that is to use the Instance Manager from within the Central Management Console.

If you navigate to the instance for which you have the name, the Location with contain the full path and Document Title.  In my case here, I have the same report scheduled 3 times throughout the day each with a specific Instance Title.  And you can see that all 3 lead back to the same Document Title.

That should do it.

Noel

former_member226862
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks! I was not aware of query-builder tool and this will allow me eliminate lot of educated guess work.

I did try using instance manager as well but instance manager does not allow to search for an instance title. I can sort by instance title and page through it, limit the number of instances by start/end dates, etc. - basically I helps to know something more about the instance I am searching for before utilizing instance manager.

Answers (0)