cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lane Title not persisting

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

We have been working on implementing swim lanes and everything had been working fine.  We recently upgraded to latest support pack stack SPS 7 which was released on June 11th, 2014 and we've noticed issues with the Lane Titles.

When we are adding lanes, we can see the text for the titles of all lanes that we add:

If we then reload or refresh the page, the four lanes that we've added are there but the Title text to the lanes are missing:

We have debugged the javascript where the title is read and it comes blank.  We were curious as to whether this is saving correctly.

I put a breakpoint in the method /UI2/CL_GW_DP_V06_PB_PERS->/IWBEP/IF_MGW_APPL_SRV_RUNTIME~CREATE_ENTITY and it does stop there, but I don't see much for the data about the lanes themselves it seems to be generic page info.

We are using the standard page and standard lanes.  I would appreciate any thoughts or direction on how to debug the title text.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

Please implement the below mentioned to solve the issue.

2005197 - $expand request does not return all inlines
2014082 - $expand problem with initial inlines - Backend Part
2014083 - $expand problem with initial inlines - Gateway Part
2020000 - Multiple expand and navigation path

Best Regards,

Hari

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

This apparently was fixed in a round of patching we did.

Bhaskar_Tripath
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you please elaborate.

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

I wish I could tell you exactly what we patched that fixed it.  I believe it was in one of the SAP_UI upgrades.  We have been installing the SAP_UI component each time it has been released so we are currently on SAPK-74011INSAPUI but this may have been fixed in 9 or 10.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

did you also raise it to SAP? if you are unable to save texts then its an issue, maybe corretion is missing?

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Siddharth,  I had opened an incident with SAP, was just hoping for a quicker response .

At any rate, we found a spot where the oChipInstance does not get instantiated and then the title text is trying to be read from that which of course is blank since the oChipInstance is undefined.  I have put this information in the incident and will post back with an update.

We had also found this note:

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...

which was part of the SAPK-74009INSAPUI which we thought would solve the problem, however, Basis applied SAPK-74009INSAPUI for us yesterday but the issue is still there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also make sure your system has the latest SAPUI5 fixes. Having the latest SAP_UI helps but it never has the latest SAPUI5 fixes. Now that you have SP09 of SAP_UI, be sure to check .

Bhaskar_Tripath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

Any luck on this issue? We are having exactly the same issue. We earlier thought it may be specific to our system, but your thread suggest its a common problem in SAP UI.

Best Regards,

Bhaskar

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

Bhaskar,

I did open an incident with SAP.  Below is the status as of 8/29/2014.

08/29/2014 - 14:03:30 EST - Info for Customer by SAP

Hi Roger,

I was able to reproduce the issue in your system.

I'd like to inform that this incident is being forwarded to our
development team.

A colleague will contact you to continue the analysis of this issue.

As an FYI - hopefully this incident will move quicker than some of our others, for instance, I opened one on a benefits enrollment issue, received the same cookie cutter response that they forwarding to development and I should be contacted shortly, however, that was in April 2014 and have not heard anything yet.....

09/02/2014 - 12:06:07 EST - Info for SAP by Roger Beach

Any update? It's been since April....

04/09/2014 - 15:06:09 EST - Info for Customer by SAP

Dear customer,
I'd like to inform you that I have forwarded your incident to the
development support.
My colleagues on that team will be contacting you shortly.
Best regards,
SAP Active Global Support

Bhaskar_Tripath
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Roger! Really lazy response from SAP.

I have also opened an incident with them last week for this issue. Now with your experience, I am really worried if we'll get a solution anytime soon.

Cheers!