SAP for Automotive Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users in discussions to troubleshoot challenges, share best practices, and fuel each other's success. Join a conversation or start your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you add/change VIN in VMS using SMOD

Stephen3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All;

I have finally figured out how to create a car and move it along using Actions.  Now, I have an issue.  When I create the car there is no VIN attached to it.  I have read that you need to use action SMOD to add the VIN.  I have add SMOD action to my control matrix and have vehicle attribute VHVIN added to action SMOD in the "Define Additional Data for Vehicle" configuration.

However, when I execute the SMOD action, I don't get a pop screen or any data entry screen that lets me enter the VIN.

How do I do this without javing the Dealer Business Management (DBM) add-on installed.

Thanks

Stephen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Had you checked if there is any error log generated after you executed the action? As far as I know SMOD could be executed once you had done CREA action, assuming you had correctly configured the action and action matrices. Let's say you had already defined SMOD as primary action only (the default), then try to assign the matrix in Customizing as...

Old Stat. = *

Action = SMOD

New Stat. = *

... just to be sure it will work. Then the standard screen for SMOD action should be something like this:

Hope it will help.

Regards,

shah

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Had you checked if there is any error log generated after you executed the action? As far as I know SMOD could be executed once you had done CREA action, assuming you had correctly configured the action and action matrices. Let's say you had already defined SMOD as primary action only (the default), then try to assign the matrix in Customizing as...

Old Stat. = *

Action = SMOD

New Stat. = *

... just to be sure it will work. Then the standard screen for SMOD action should be something like this:

Hope it will help.

Regards,

shah

0 Kudos

Hi Shah;

Thank you for the response.  I must be missing some configuration as I don't get this pop up screen.  I will investigate.

Regards

Stephen

0 Kudos

Hi Shah:

Do I need to fill in the "Action Program" and "Action Screen" fields in the configuration for SMOD?  If, so what should the values be?

Thanks

Stephen

0 Kudos

yes,

check below details

primary action is ticked,

action program = SAPLVELO15

Action Screen = 0100

a

0 Kudos

WORKED!

Thank you.  I don't know why this field was not filled in by SAP.  I activated VMS in my SAP DEV system using the standard "Activate Business Functions" - SFW5.  Maybe I didn't activate all the necessary components.  I will double check.

Is there any documentation or downloads available to make sure I have all the default settings?

Thank you again.

Stephen

0 Kudos

Found OSS Note 445860.

0 Kudos

Sorry for not realizing the question earlier, and glad someone already pointed it out. Thanks for sharing the valuable OSS Note too.