Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is my first day so I'm green (very new) to SAP. So far I love what I'm learning but...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I go to have a start point. Does SAP have a start application so I can learn how to configure.

I don't want to learn in the middle. Of course unless that is how you learn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should start with SAP overview and know what is 'Master data' , 'organizational elements' and 'Transactions' and then choose whether you will be functional or technical consultant and then choose which module you like to work in.

Wishes you the best in your career

Regards

19 REPLIES 19

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should start with SAP overview and know what is 'Master data' , 'organizational elements' and 'Transactions' and then choose whether you will be functional or technical consultant and then choose which module you like to work in.

Wishes you the best in your career

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would recommend to visit SAP Learning HUB (Training and Certification Shop). Basic version is for free (here is the manual how to sign in ) and I found there in the courses crucial information when I was beginning with SAP. Here is the list of offered courses . I would start for example with SAP NetWeaver Application Server – Fundamentals. But it depends what you need to learn - developing, administration, which product etc.

Kind regards

0 Kudos

Thank u

ilive been so busy taking three open sap courses so that im familiar with what  sap is

I started out looking at function side the. so I'm trying to get a grasp of that I've done some work on a server but not extensive. I'm heading to the websites you Suggested now. Was on hub but it was quite confusing but im going to follow your suggestion

0 Kudos

Hello Tiffany,

openSAP is also good tool and I am also attending some courses there. But I think it is not so important for a real newcomer. Anyway, if you found them interesting, why not go for more of them.

But I am writing this post, because I have another advice for you. I still do not know which part of SAP you want to learn or which position you would like to work at? But some days ago I have tried to install SAP on my personal computer. It was SAP ABAP server, SAP GUI and also ABAP in Eclipse tool. It is very good practise for administrator and also very good start point for developer. Have a look on this thread, which was my "manual" . Also you can check my blog about the experience during installation and AiE try

Best regards and good luck

former_member188598
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP has lot of help documents, tutorials and learning materials for self learning but it depends which area you are focussing to learn. I would suggest to look for something matching your current expertise and then take it further in SAP. As suggested by Kamil, you can check SAP Hub to choose and learn more about your area of interest and then can find hands on tutorials for practice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am Learning as well from the beginning if your looking for a possible study partner I would love to start study sessions.

0 Kudos

Ok we can try blind leading the blind.  But I'm ready to learn. Let's go. Currently enrolled in several open sap courses

0 Kudos

let me in too. I am using SAP now a days ........ I too want to have disscussion......

Asif Arif

0 Kudos

Okay I would think we all need to have a common communication tool like google hangeout, Skype/lync, maybe even have conference calls (free conferencecall.com )

I have been combing the internet and the libraries in the local areas and I have a ton "pointers" to share and I even have a plethora of best practices that I put into a Microsoft One Note file I can also share using skydrive/google drive but I think who ever is interested in researching and sharing we need to vote on a standard so that we aren't worried so much about fragmentation then actually learning SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to start configuring, developing or just getting used to a system. You should set up an SAP IDES System. This is an standard ERP System with Testdata for trainings and test purposes. Good Luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same question, and thanks for all the pointers on getting started. I am from the JDE side and looking forward to learning something new.

0 Kudos

Most Welcome to everyone who ever wants to increase knowledge in SAP, as I want to share my SAP Security and Basis Knowledge, First and foremost is that SAP Security is mainly controlled through Authorization Objects and Field value.

There are 5 types of Users in SAP

1) Dialog

2) Service

3) System

4) Communication

5) Reference

User can be create, maintain, lock, unlock, Change Password, Copy, Rename and Display through Tcode ----- SU01 and same thing for Mass users through SUI0.

Mostly 99% of Business users will be Dialog Users that give the vulnerability to change the Password.

More will be later ! Thanks

0 Kudos

What category would a developer fall in?

0 Kudos

hi,

Garfield Hyatt

if you  want to go for developing check abap I think you will like it .

Regards

Jaydeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

i agree this system is em is not friendly to me I use facebook and Google driver everyday so I vote for them. My email theconchgroup@gmail.com. And we can start a Facebook name it the

learning curve   Because I barely get on this at this point maybe later yeah but Im Too new

0 Kudos

hi ,

I think first you have to decide whether you want to go for functional side or technical side, and and same way you decide the module of your choice  in it . This is the first and big step to choose the field in which you want to built your career in sap .

go through http://scn.sap.com

and other tutorial providing sides such as SAPTechnical.com - Let's share knowledge

and SAPHub - SAP for Beginners .

take overview of different module so it will help to get start.

Best wishes.

Jaydeep

0 Kudos

Thank you for responding I've taken several open sap courses and decided on functional, my background is in sales and business development please guide me. Consider me your pet project or your giving back to the less fortunate. Either way Help!!!!!

0 Kudos

I am New to SAP. I want to be functional consultant. I register on SAP SCn , but not able to understand how to start . Request you to guide me if you have started on.

RegardsDhana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tiffany Kapanga,

I would Like to suggest something, SAP is vast, First you need to have a clear vision in which area I mean Functional (FICO, MM,SD..) or Technical (ABAP,BASIS,..) you wanted to expertise at. Once you have a clear place to fall in, Then you go ahead and start penetrating in to the subject, Then reach anyone in this community for helping you with you doubts,

I am also new to SAP getting trained on FICO.

Always open for learning.

Thanks

Shaffe.Shaik