cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Create a Validation based on a Z table

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to create a validation for t-code FB50 so that for any line item that contains a GL Account listed in a table, the validation would then check to see if the field Trading Partner is populated.

My question is How do I set up the validation so that the values in the table are referenced?  I don't want to have to continually update the valid GL accounts in a set. I want the table to hold the values.  The business users have a custom t-code to update the values in the Z table.

The Z table contains the field HKONT (GL Account).  The table contains 1 record (it could contain more) with GL Account 123456.

My attempt was to create a set (Z_TP_ACCTS) that was based on the Z table and the corresponding field.  I then set up my validation to compare the value entered in FB50 (BSEG-HKONT) to look at the set.  My understanding is that the value would be compared to the values in the table, but my tests are failing.  I did not enter any values in the set.

Any advice / help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check below thread for your requirement.

Regards,

Jyoti

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

You will have to use an user exit to call up the Z Table to check for your requirement. There are lot of postings on SDN to use an user exit in FI Validations. The standard module pool provided by SAP is RGGBR000 for FI Validations. You can write a form in this.

Additionally you also have the option of using a BTE for this. The one I can recollect are 00001011 or 00001085

Thanks & Regards

Sanil Bhandari