cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Truck Setup in TM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks

I am setting up a scenrio where we own our fleet of trucks, we are performing DTR, FU, FOR and shipment in ECC

We have trucks and trailers (more trailers than trucks - E.g 3 tractors and 5 trailers)

1. Truck and Traile setup : If we have 3 tractors and 5 trailers how to know which trailer and tractor are available (e.g tractor 1 comes and leave the trailer 4 on dock and picks trailer 5 for shipment and comes back and leave trailer 5 on a differrent door and picks trailer 4)
    • How to identify which trailer and tractor is available for shipping and picking
      • We define Zone, Lane, Carrier and if the carrier is our own fleed how to determine the exact tractor and trailer in TM
      • Do we need to give a numbering for each of the tractor and trailer
  2. If the truck is identified, Do we need to create each truck as a Forwarding agent (since we own the trucks)
    • If a plant has 100 trucks do we need to create 100 FA's or is there a way to send this information to ECC
  3. Is there an option to know in TM 9.1 to let the truck know which one to load first and last

Thanks

K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Navin, one final calrificaion

How will TM know whether the truck 2 and 3 has arrived Source location or not (we are not implementing Event Management)

1. Vehicle is assigned to FOR and if we mark FOR life cycle status to completed, will it release the vehicle for planning (e.g if truck 2 breaks down on the way and took two days to fix how will my optimizer know that this has not returned and un available for planning)
  2. Our scenario is DTR -> FU ->FOR -> Shipment in ECC, when shipment is created in ECC does standard service send Vehicle information to ECC
  3. In ECC once the truck is back we close the shipment document will this information be sent to TM stating the truck is back and available

Appreciate your time and help

Thanks

Lohit Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here there are 2 things:

1. You have 100 trucks: which makes it multi-resource.

2. Now when you plan your freight unit against a trailer there is no requirement that you should already know which truck you are going to use to plan this trailer unit against.

You can create a trailer unit and then depending upon the available vehicle resource you can go ahead and couple the trailer unit with that vehicle resource to create a freight order.

When you use optimizer planning to plan your vehicle resource, it takes into account the location where the truck currently is and from which location you are trying to plan and appropriately selects the vehicle resource depending on its availablity.

Regards,

Navin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Navin for the response, in my scenario since we own the fleet of trucks

1. I need to tell which trailer (trailer 5 or 7) is being loaded and also which truck is picking like (truck 3 or 6) - to do this i need to setup all the trucks and trailers as resources
  2. How do we know if the truck is available for planning, if i have 3 trucks, my optimizer runs every day once and assign 3 FOR's --> distance for truck1 will take 10 days for deliver and come back, truck 2 and 3 same day --> when my optimizer runs next day how will my optimizer know if the truck 2 and 3 are back and needs to only plan for 2 trucks
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Yes. You need to create the trucks and trailers as resources. and when you create a trailer you can assign a vehicle which will be appropriate for the trailer.

Now for the 2nd day when you run the optimizer. Let us say "Optimize the Trailer/Freight Unit against all the vehicle resources you have" in this case it will filter out truck 1 since it is not at the source location where the shipment is going to start and will take only 2 trucks namely in this case truck 2 and truck 3 (irrespective of its knowledge whether it is truck 2 and truck 3) and plan the Trailer/Freight Units.

Hope this helps.