cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Release runtime error in BPC Netweaver 10.1

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are getting the following error while releasing the transport in SAP BPC NW 10.1 Development system

Category               ABAP Programming Error

Runtime Errors         UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION

Except.                CX_RSBPCR_INTERNAL_EXCEPTION

ABAP Program           CL_RSBPCR_RES_MANAGER=========CP

Application Component  BW-PLA-BPC-INF-WP

Short Text

An exception has occurred that was not caught.

What happened?

Exception 'CX_RSBPCR_INTERNAL_EXCEPTION' was raised, but it was not caught

anywhere along the

call hierarchy.

Since exceptions represent error situations, and this error was not

adequately responded to, ABAP program 'CL_RSBPCR_RES_MANAGER=========CP' had

to be terminated.

We are on SAP BW 7.40 patch level 5. Could you please advice the reason for this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to move the first transport to our QA instance and facing the same problem. I implemented OSS Note 2050531 and also Knowledge Base Article 2125918, which SAP released this month. Following the steps in the article added the entries for the target environment to tables UJPS_TEAM_RES and UJPS_RESOURCE, but still, the transport release is not working. I noticed table UJT_GUID has hundreds of entries for our target envionment. Is there an issue way to find the duplicate entry. Any other action anyone can provide to fix this problem.

Appreciate the help in advanced.

Cesar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are facing the exact same problem when trying to release the transport request (containing the whole Environment, Models, etc) from our Development System.

Have you been able to find a working solution or workaround for this?

Thank you in advance.

Akhil Sharma

rodolfo_bermudezneubauer3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

We were abe to solve this by carrying out the following steps:

1. Create missing entry in table UJPS_TEAM_RES according to SAP note 2050531 (you can copy the existing entry ENVIRONMENTSHELL for your custom APPSET_ID.

2. Create missing entry in table UJPS_RESOURCE according to this post on SCN: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3595616

3. Try to release your Transport Request. In our case we got an additional Short Dump (different from the oriinal Dump) that was resolved by deleting a duplicate entry in table UJT_GUID

This process must be repeated for every new appset that is to be transported.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to move the first transport to our QA instance and facing the same problem. I implemented OSS Note 2050531 and also Knowledge Base Article 2125918, which SAP released this month. Following the steps in the article added the entries for the target environment to tables UJPS_TEAM_RES and UJPS_RESOURCE, but still, the transport release is not working. I noticed table UJT_GUID has hundreds of entries for our target envionment. Is there an issue way to find the duplicate entry. Any other action anyone can provide to fix this problem.

Appreciate the help in advanced.

Cesar.

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cesar, if you are getting a Short Dump when attempting to release the transport request, check ST22 and you should be able to identify the duplicate entry in the log.

In our case the duplicate entry had RSTLOGO = ABPC, ENTITY TYPE = ACLB and ENTITY ID = $$$$.

Let me know how it goes.

Good luck!
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rodolfo, the dump we are getting is with this code section below. It is referring to table RSBPCR_RES_PROVD. Questions: 1)Is this the same dump you got when you faced this issue? 2)Was it before or after adding the entries to UJSP_RESOURCE and UJSP_TEAM_RES? 3)Once the table entries are added, do you collect the objects again into the transport or not?

I was also able to find the duplicated entry in table UJT_GUID, but the current dump is not referring to this table.

MANDT GUID                             RSTLOGO

100   005056BD22C01EE58C93141E0DA9BBEB ABPC
100   005056BD22C01EE58C93141E0DA9DBEB ABPC

The termination occurred in ABAP program "CL_RSBPCR_RES_MANAGER=========CP",
   in "GET_RESOURCE_PROVIDER". The main program
  was "RDDM0001".

In the source code, the termination point is in line 12 of (Include)
  program "CL_RSBPCR_RES_MANAGER=========CM00A".

1   METHOD GET_RESOURCE_PROVIDER.
  3     DATA: L_S_RES_PROVIDER         TYPE RSBPCR_RES_PROVD.
  5     SELECT SINGLE *
  6       INTO L_S_RES_PROVIDER
  7       FROM RSBPCR_RES_PROVD
  8      WHERE MODEL_TYPE = I_MODEL_TYPE
  9        AND RESOURCE_TYPE = I_RESOURCE_TYPE.
11     IF SY-SUBRC IS NOT INITIAL.
>>>       RAISE EXCEPTION TYPE CX_RSBPCR_INTERNAL_EXCEPTION
               EXPORTING

TEXTID          = CX_RSBPCR_INTERNAL_EXCEPTION=>EX_NO_RESOURCE_PROVIDER

N_MODEL_TYPE    = I_MODEL_TYPE

N_RESOURCE_TYPE = I_RESOURCE_TYPE.

ENDIF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

we have a brand new installation of BPC 10.1 NW SP02 on BW 7.4 SP07.

We are facing the exact same problem when trying to release the transport request (containing the whole Environment, Models, etc) from our Development System.

Have you been able to find a working solution or workaround for this?

Thank you in advance.

D. Christidis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dimitris.

Have you found the solution for this problem. We are facing the same issue and we need to urgently transport!

Please can you help us!

Manythanks

Michelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michelle,

SAP advised us to implement SAP Note 2050531 which actually didn't work for us (I hope it works for you). We are currently upgrading to SP03 to see if it solves the issue. I will keep you posted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much Dimitris for the quick reply. I'll give that a go!

Michelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle

Did you manage to resolve the issue. I have applied this note but I am still not able to release the TR.

-SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for not replying earlier,

after we upgraded to SP03 nothing got fixed so we kept talking with SAP Support. It seems that the problem concerns the ADMIN team. SAP added a record in table UPS_RESOURCE for our environment (use EnvironmentShell entry as a guideline) and the issue got resolved. We were able to release the request and any other request created later on.

If you have trouble creating the entry in table UJPS_RESOURCE feel free to reply and I will send a screenshot of how we did it (I will need to get remote access to the system as I'm not at the site at the moment).

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dimitris,

We're stuck with the same issue.....please can you kindly send us a screenshot.

Email id: saba.sheikh@bcone.com

Thanks a lot !

saba.

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitris:

We are facing this same issue on BW 7.4 SP05 when attempting to release our initial BPC Transport Request (short dump related to CX_RSBPCR_INTERNAL_EXCEPTION). Can you please send us the steps for creating the required entry in table UPS_RESOURCE?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rodolfo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

so after implementing note 2050531 you should add the following entry in table UJPS_RESOURCE (caution I misspelled it earlier, it is not ups_resource).

You can do this through transaction SE16 -> enter UJPS_RESOURCE and hit Create Entries.

Fields MANDT and APPSET_ID should be filled with your BW System Client ID (i.e. 100) and your BPC Environment ID (i.e. ENVIRONMENTSHELL). The entries that appear to be empty should be left empty.

MANDTAPPSET_IDRESOURCE_IDTSTPNMTIMESTMPOBJSTATCONTRELCONTTIMESTMPOWNERBWAPPLACTIVFLPARENT_RES_IDUPDATE_COUNTERRESOURCE_TYPECREATE_USER
CREATE_TIMEORIG_LANGUOWNER_IDOWNER_TYPE
Client IDYour Environment ID005056B236881ED38AE1D894578A8F970ACT030FOLDER0E005056B236881ED38AE1D894578A8F97TEAM

After this you should be able to release your request.

Hope this is helpful.

Active Participant
0 Kudos

That did it! We were able to release our Transport Request after applying note 2050531 (entries in table UJPS_TEAM_RES) and creating two additional entries in table UJPS_RESOURCE, the latter, according to Dimitris' instructions (one entry for ENVIRONMENTSHELL and another for our custom environment).

Thanks much Dimitris! Very helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

We're on SP7 & see the same dump

Even after updating the table UJPS_RESOURCE with an entry for our custom environment (that we wish to transport), we're unable to release the TR & run into the same dump...

Any help is super welcome

Thanks a lot !

saba.

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, did you add the entries to UJPS_TEAM_RES according to note 2050531, too? Also check the dump details in ST22.  We found we had a duplicate entry in table UJT_GUID and after removing it we were able to get rid of our first dump. The second dump was solved generating the entries missing in the tables described here.

Best of luck!

Regards,

Rodolfo