cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to archive DBTABLOG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we need to archive some of our biggest tables. We wanted to start with dbtablog.

In TA scu3arch1 created a variant

Maintained the parameter archive ARCHIVE_DATA_FILE and ARCHIVE_GLOBAL_PATH.

Started the Job but no Data is archived.

I checked it in SE16 - 2.752.452 Entries.

So, why does the system no archiving? Grateful for any hints.

Regards

Andre

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You must not enter table DBTABLOG in the selection screen, this is already defined by the archiving object itself.

If you leave the table name field in the selection empty, then you archive anything from DBTABLOG based on the entered dates.

DBTABLOG stores information from many tables, the table name is used to restrict the archiving to records of a certain table.

Do another SE16 on DBTABLOG, you can see that the table name is the 4th field in the display. This is the table name that can be entered in the selection. I bet you wont find any record if you filter on that table name field with DBTABLOG, hence the archiving log is right in saying that it does not find anything

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Do not Include table name in the selection screen.

2. Un check the check box with "Delete with test variant"

3. Change the detail log to "No detail log" it improve the response time of the job.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would not recommend to change the setting to "no detail log" . This can be done for archiving sessions that are well known and where you do not have any difficulties, but anybody who is new to archiving should have a close look into the detail logs .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agreed, but this particular archiving object archives almost all the data since it is related to the log information and there will be no open documents or logs as such which will be excluded from archiving. I just recommended this option in order to improve the performance of the JOB. As this archiving object takes more time to archive ,since it is related to table logs.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One has to make experience, I have a copy of the each log, detailed and non-detailed, in a central database for reference. On this way I can know whether I can get some valuable info from it. I would not really look at the performance only, some auditors even request to keep the detailed log as evidence.

Former Member
0 Kudos

touche...!!!

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Have you tried by unchecking "Delete with test variant" and check the results.

Also verify using SE16 whether how many entries existing for the date range used in variant.

Regards,

Deepak Kori