cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Recon GL changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

We have a sceanrio where Asset Recon GL has some amount against PO. These balances were there from 2012, now client has identified these should not be there, so when MM team try to reverse entry system ask for cost object for Asset GL. We understand this error is because GL is asset recon GL so it will not allow to reverse. As per my understand we are trying to make Asset GL zero(by passign adjustment entry) change the recon from asset to blank reverse the PO & reverse adjustment entry to nullify the effect.

I have checked the SAP note 69225 wherein I have made posting to Asset GL & now when I try to change GL master recon from Asset to "Blank" I am getting an error "Modifications to reconciliation account not permitted, The data contains error, you cannot save"

Could you please help me to resolve this..or could you please suggest me work around.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Harsh K,

That sounds something erratic behaviour of system as you are not able to see your company code in OAMK despite relevant GL is marked as "Asset Recon".

Try out this in system make a balance to "Zero" for said GL account and go to FS00 and remove "Asset Recon" and save. Hope this helps you. Once you do this, carry out with intended "GR Reversals"

Hope this helps to solve your issue, let us know if you need any more help.

Regards,

Pankaj Bhalerao.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh K,

1. Have you tried using AB08 to reverse the original posting? See this thread on AB08

2. Can you confirm that the DE03 is assigned to a Chart of Depreciation (OAOB)? If it isn't, it wont appear in OAMK. A GL can be assigned as an asset recon account without the company being assigned to a chart of depreciation.

3. Have you verified the amounts in the asset sub-ledger and in FI both = 0?

Good luck,

KF

former_member348872
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

You can try ABF1. This transaction allows posting to Asset recon account. Refer Note 2932 before you use this transaction.

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, Yes, I have posted using t-code:ABF1 made GL "zero", now I am trying to make GL chages from "asset recon" to "blank". but system is not allowing me to change.

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Use T Code OAMK

Regards

Sanil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanil, I don't see respective company code in this t-code to check for reconciliation..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

In OAMK, you can select the company code as shown below and can make changes to reconciliation account by clicking on change control of Recon account.

Thanks

karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik, Thanks for your reply, but I don't see Company code out there. In my system its blank..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Company code will definitely appear in OAMK. Did you check your authorization by putting SU53.  Else share screenshot of your OAMK screen.

Thanks

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look attachment, I don't see Co cd DE03 out there..

I have checked the SU53 as well, it says "The last authorization check was successful". So I guess there is no authorization issue here.