Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OBN upload problem

Lee3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a strange problem.

When I upload a role from the backend system (with a abap webdynpro iview) the OBN are saved in the PCD under the Logical system name. (Business Objects/com.sap.portal.migrated/Logical system name). When I start the iview in the role the OBN is called with the system alias name, and then I get the message:

Error message " failed to solve Object Based Navigation target '<system alias>.<OBN name>.<action>. Contact your system administrator to assign a role to your user with the relevant OBN entries'.

When I check the OBN in the role (open the OBN under Business Objects/com.sap.portal.migrated/Logical system name choose ' Object-Based Navigation', select the Business Object and choose ' Locates in Portal Catalog. it's pointing to the OBN in the PCD. under Business Objects/com.sap.portal.migrated/Logical system name. 

In the iview I changed the the properties for 'com.sap.portal.pm.parameters', 'System' and 'Target System', with the Logical system name, cleared the caches, but problem still exist.

How to solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Vo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Lee3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

I already did and could not solve our problem, so I was hoping that someone else had any great ideas.

gr

Vo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vo.

Please check out this SAP Note:

1494536 - Object Based Navigation - Specific Component Note

Best regards,

Etay

former_member184059
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Etay,
Please check the document:

Please ensure that all the steps are followed.

> 5.5 OBN – Object Based Navigation

Best Regards,
Rajendra

Lee3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

cause was the case sensitive

solving the problem by changing the object type in the backend in lowercase.

object_type = xxxx instead of XXXX.

gr

Vo.

Answers (0)