cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report RAS and eclipse jar licensing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am currently evaluating crystal reports 2013 for report designing for one of our customers. I have created a poc with xml from file system as a datasource

and then setting our web service xml response as datasource at runtime to populate the crystal template.

I have downloaded eclipse with crystal plugin and developed a sample web app that serves the crystal report over http.

I can see that it uses set of crystal runtime libraries(CrystalReportsRuntime.jar for instance) that are shipped in eclipse.

I have couple of questions regarding licenses, eclipse and RAS and would love to have them answered.

1. The customer has crystal licenses.So, we would be developing the applications using the jars found in eclipse and during deployment use the jars the client provide. Not a question but would like to have your view on his.

2. What role does RAS play? Do I need it or I can just use my own web server to serve rpts via jsps as in the sample provided?

3. If I use the crystal runtime jar that ships with eclipse, what are the licensing terms ?

Thanks

Bharat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

Here are the answers to your queries.

1. The approach seems appropriate as long as the application works fine in Dev and server environment.

2. RAS is a dedicated server (With BusinessObjects Enterprise) for Crystal processing while using SDKs. If you are using only the CR for eclipse Jars then RAS as a server does not play a role. but an  In Process RAS service of CR report engine performs all the tasks.You could simply host the app on your web app server and deploy all the Jars.

3. See the Crystal licensing doc.

For more info on CR for eclipse, you could post your queries to http://scn.sap.com/community/crystal-reports-for-eclipse

- Bhushan

Senior Engineer

SAP Active Global Support

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Getting started and moving ahead with Crystal Reports .NET applications.

Answers (0)