cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overwrite price for one material but not another using same condition type

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the best way to allow a price override in a sales order for one material but not for another, when the same condition type is being used?

If I set Manual entries to D on the condition type, then this will affect all materials. Should a user exit be used, or a routine? Please point to the best way forward.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

An effective solution has been suggested to me as follows:

The solution is to differentiate the 2 materials in the sales order.
Use different item categories for the different materials.

(Another way is by checking the materials master data from the SO, but it’s more
complicated to develop.)

Have 3 conditions.

PR00 – Automatic condition, statistical.

PR01 – Manual condition, statistical.

PR02 – Final price.

For PR02, add a formula (ABAP required) like this:

If the item category = “can be changed manually”,

if PR01 has a value it will take PR01,

if not, PR00.

If the item category = “cannot be changed”,

then PR02 = PR00.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Appreciate for updating promptly.

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assuming that your current condition record is being maintained with the combination of Customer / Material, if you dont maintain condition record for the one which you dont want the system to populate value, then system won't consider.  Let me know for what combination, it is maintained

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The condition type is ZPR0 (like PR00), the combination is material and plant. It is necessary for most materials' prices to be non-overwritable. Therefore ZPR0 is a required condition with "manual entries" = "D". If I do not maintain VK11 for a material I get the error "No condition record was found for condition ZPR0", and I cannot provide a manual price either.

I was thinking of creating a material pricing group code on the material master Sales org2 view that would indicate "no override" and using this indicator in a routine or user-exit, but is that the best approach?

CB Reddy, I am not sure what you mean by "material catalog" in your post.

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear John,

Simple way to change the price for one material and not for other material  ,

Add material catalog field to access sequence for that condition type . so that if you maintain price VK11 for that material combination then price will trigger and other material has to maintain the same in VK11 . so that it will be simple and in future if you want to extend also it will work .

Regards,

C.B Reddy