Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number range Reset to initial value periodacally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I searched in forum a lot but couldn't get any exact solution of my requirement.

I have created a custom object and number range via SNRO (suppose 1 to 10000) and using NUMBER_GET_NEXT to increase counter from program.

My requirement is to reset it back to 1 for each month, means every month must start with 1 again.

Is there any setting or any standard FM can be scheduled in background to do so on 1st of every month ?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can call FM NUMBER_RANGE_INTERVAL_INIT passing the object and, if there is one, sub-object.  This will reset the number range.  I have done this in the past on a daily basis for a custom RGA processing.

4 REPLIES 4

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have created a custom object and number range via SNRO

For what purpose, you have created this number range and for which document, it is being used?

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can call FM NUMBER_RANGE_INTERVAL_INIT passing the object and, if there is one, sub-object.  This will reset the number range.  I have done this in the past on a daily basis for a custom RGA processing.

0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

Thanks, I was exactly looking for this. I will schedule it in background on 1st of every month.

I am using this number range just to print on box labels (WMS), there is no transaction related to them.

0 Kudos

FM you scheduled as background job periodically ?

K.Kiran.