Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder access level for read and write

md_fasi
Participant
0 Kudos

Folder Level access

I have a requirement. to create a 2 folder i.e. (Sub -Folder as SD, MM, ) and root Folder as SCM with User (A , B,)

I need to give all 2 Sub- folders access to User A (since he is developer)

I need to give 2 folder access to B (i.e. SD MM) SD folder for Read and MM folder for Write

But B users has to give report viewing access to SD folder reports and need to save as in MM folder

Note : He should not have to save in SD folder. While saving the report only in MM folder has to be enable.

Please help How to disable saving report in SD folder for User B

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you cannot disable the save button by depending which folder you have selected for.

Instead, by applying differents access levels to the folders you will be allowed to save or not documents.

I guess you applied this, but dont forget the "everyone" group. you need to remove access for everyone in order to limit access to a special group.

md_fasi
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Pablo,

After doing a lot of  testing...I found the same solution which u have guided

Regards,

Fasi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am unsure of what version of BO/BI you are using and what kind of reports would the users be reading from SD and writing to MM folder.

However,In order to disable saving any reports to specifically SD folder, you may test the following---

log into CMC as administrator and  navigate to SD folder >> user security >> add principal >> select user B >> assign security >> advanced >> add/remove rights >> and under general deny "add object to the folder" and "add objects to the folder that the user owns".

Regards,

Kamiya

md_fasi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kamiya,

Thanks for your quick response,

I have BI 4.1 version with SAP BW 7.3

I tried the following option, But still it is allowing to save the report in Corporate folder.

Please assist.

Thanks & Regards,

Fasi

0 Kudos

Hi Fasi,

I see the save option is enabled and you can also see the folder while selecting saving as, but when you click on save button, does it allow to save the report or it throws an error?

As per my undestanding. If you do not want to see the corporate folder when selecting to save as, this should be controlled by "view object" permissions. Denying "add objects" to disable save as will not hide the folder name from list.

Regards,

Kamiya

md_fasi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kamiya,

Yes it is allowing.I tried renaming the report and it is saving in Corporate folder.

I have implemented the suggested options like 'view object" etc...

But it is showing the same issue.

Thanks & Regards

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved to BI Platform space for faster response