cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timesheet pending for approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I have a scenario wherein time entered will go either to Project Manager (Person responsible in WBS) or to Supervisor maintained in HR for approval.

A person is assigned to an activity and he will book time against that activity and release for approval. It will go to either Project manager assigned in WBS element or if person responsible is not maintained in WBS element, it will go to Supervisor assigned in HR master data for approval.

My question is, in which report/transaction I can see the time is pending with whom, Project Manger or Supervisor.

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

first check CAC1 transaction whether user profile is enable for this approval process?

if user profile is enable then check CADO report

so there are below parameter for checking report output and you can consider accordingly.

10    In process

20    Released for approval

30    Approved

40    Approval rejected

50    Changed after approval

60    Cancelled

in another way CATS_DA is the report which will display working time so if that is approve you can see the status here if status is not approved then can be consider as pending for approval.

Regards,
Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanjeev.

I checked in CAC1, where I have see if  user profile is enabled for this approval process?

I have checked both CADO and CATS_DA reports.

I think I am failing in telling my requirement, I want see with whom the time is pending with (User ID, Salary Code etc...) for approval. Is there any report?

I can see the status of time sheet on both above reports but these reports does not show with whom these timesheet are pending for approval.

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

I doubt whether such field ( Pending with whom ) is available in standard CAT reports.

Ideally speaking when user submits time sheet, his line managers needs to approve time sheet.

You can check t code CATS_APPR_LITE as well where users Manager can go and enter user number to see which dates times sheet is pending for approval.

Also alternatively, you can check with HCM team to know Organization structure ( Employee's Maanger etc) of employee.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

I am not sure if there is any standard report that would give you the details which tell you with whom the timesheet is pending for approval.

You may have to develop a custom report. However, if you are interested in knowing who has approved the timesheet you can refer the table CATSDB for the same. Alternatively you can also check this in the CATS_APPR_LITE tcode by playing around with the layout.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Gokul

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepak,

it is not possible in standard sap already other experts have commented on it. so go though some development talk to abaper explain your query and build the expectation.

Table : CATSDB

Regards,
Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all.....I conclude that there is no report as such we can see with whom time sheet is pending with.

Thanks all guys again.

Deepak M Pitale

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please close this thread?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

You can run transaction code CADO to get the details of pending approval of time and with whom it is pending and you can run CAPS t code also to get the details of hours.

Regards

Shashank Gaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shashank,

Thanks for your reply, I tried these reports but I could not see any column where I can see time sheet pending with for approval.

Any columns you know?

Deepak M Pitale

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean I could not see any column where I can see pending with whom....I would like to see his ID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Their is a Column name Appr. By in which you can see the approver of Hours

and while to start the t code CADO you can see a column Status under which you can select " 20 Release for approval " which gives you the details of unapproved hours.

Regards

Shashank Gaur