cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Could not be set initially in System Configurator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'm trying to set the initial password to the System Configurator. I used the password 12345678 to login to SC. I have entered the connection details and when I click on Logon I get a pop up to change the password. When I enter a new password and say OK, it is giving me an error 'Password could not be set'. I faced a similar error during my development system and at that time I followed the steps mentioned in the below mentioned link.

But this is a work around way and I want to know if there is any missing configs.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Swapna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Swapna,

as far as i know, there are two authentication policy rules, which could be the reason of the message I've got:

1. Minimum password length. By default it is 8 characters.

2. You could not change password to the same one, in you case from 12345678 to 12345678.

BR,

Anton.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

I followed these rules and used the password. But I suppose there is some problem with my DTC which I'm not able to resolve. Any password I entered it gave me the same error.

Did anybody come across a similar problem while logging on to SC for the 1st time? If so then please help me resolve this issue.

Regards,

Swapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you show the DTC error?

I had also DTC error and another kind of problem, but only this fixed DTC:

Disaster Recovery for MSDTC on Windows Server 2003 and 2008 - Distributed Services Support Team - S...