cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete/close WBS elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

We are facing following issues - We have some WBS elements that has not been migrated from company code XX (now incative). Now we canot close those WBS and we are getting errors when posting Settlements (CJ8G/CJ88).

Error - Asset under construction not completely credited.

There are some old bookings on the WBS (total sum = 0)  but SAP does not allow us to close it. As this is already closed company code we cannot create assets here anymore.

Do you know if there is a way to close or delete such WBS elements?

Thank you..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Following the screenshot sent by Tomas, there are many steps which needs to be carried out before setting the deletion flag for the WBS element. One is to ensure that the mandatory fields for the asset are filled as rightly pointed out, second is to ensure deactivating the asset, third is to delete the existing PO's/PR's associated with the project. This will ensure that the WBS element is back in its original state which will then allow us to mark the deletion flag or set the WBS element as deleted. However cant we close the WBS element and then try to set the deletion flag? Is this a wrong practice you feel?

Kindly advise

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

I don't think Closing WBS element and then setting deletion flag is the right practice.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

I would suggest you to close the WBS element first and then carry our deletion/mark the deletion flag. (Edit- Status - Close- Set)

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

you can try from tcode CJ20N  select desired WBS and goto edit menu as follows:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

Thanks for qucik reply... I was thinking to set the deletion flag and archive... However, when I try to set the flag - there are many additional Issues:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

Select WBS element and go to Menu

Edit-> WBS element->Investment Programs -> Asset under Construction

Check what is Asset mentioned there.. Then go to AS02 and enter this asset.

Check if there are any mandatory fields for this Asset is missing. If yes, maintain that and then try.

You can refer to various threads related to error message that has been already discussed in this forum.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

This is showing there are many open transaction exit for those WBS you can try to set status "technically complete" from same menu as earlier said . if this status exist then no further transaction will happen. you can also revoke this status if required.

Regards,

Mukesh