cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerDesigner Best Practices for Users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you all provide the PowerDesigner best practices to be followed for effective repository maintenance and high performance and more. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186838
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not aware of an "best Practices" document for repository maintenance or high performance.

All this realy depends on the number of Users, network and the DBMS you like to use for you environment.  The important information can be found in the Powerdesigner documentation under "Planning your PowerDesigner Installation" and "Installing the Repository".

Keep in mind that using the repositroy and large models will can cause a high amount of
SQL statements which your repository DB / DBMS should be able to handle.

HTH

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i want to provide some best practices to tools users, what can i provide. Suggest some best things to be followed

former_member186838
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Do you mean a best practices for a PowerDesigner user?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right

former_member186838
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Using a repositroy as a PD user is no big deal. Most of the time using a proxy connection is the best way to check in and check out models. You can find all the information a user has too know about the reproitory handling in the "Storing, Sharing and Reporting on Models" -> "The Repository" chapter of our documentation. Here you can find the information about how to browse, chech in, check out, versioning, branching, comparing, finding models, using LDAP etc. .

As well all this realy depends on how you like or have to organize the work with PowerDesigner. Some customers using onyl the basic features of an repository with only one or two bigger models per Repository.

Other customers are using the complete functionality of the repository with all their model types of the complete company.

I don't think there is a singel guideline how to use the repsoitory, it depends on what a customer like to do and what fulfill the needs. 

Maybe you can give some more details what you or your customer like to do then we can talk about what repository features can be used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Answers (0)