cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UserResponse with embedded BEx Variables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Would really appreciate some quick help on an issue I'm facing with a WebI report. I have this report designed on multiple BEx queries and have a requirement to display on of the BEx variable on the report. Apparently this variable is not merged since it exists in only one query. The variable is a single input and mandatory type variable.

The BEx variable however is defined within a Restricted Key Figure that is used inside a CKF. For some reason, the UserResponse function doesn't seem to pick up the prompt values when used over this particular BEx variable. I've tried using the UserResponse(dp;variable) syntax to help my case but in vain.

Can anybody explain why this is happening and how I can go about achieving this requirement without changing the BEx query?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would also like to add that this works on the Rich Client application but not on the  BI Launchpad. I'm not sure if there is a product limitation or something wrong with my process here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There should be no issue with the variable being declared in the KF.

If it works in one mode and not in another, then this is a very strong pointer that this might be a bug with your BO Version. Which BO Version are you using?

Other thing you can check:

Insert a cell with the prompt summary and check which description is offered there, take it and use it as argument in the UserResponse function.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

We're on BO 4.0 SP6 P3. I tried that and implemented it which resulted in the same issue. Also, it's kind of intermittent on the Launchpad. It does work sometimes and fails rest of the time. Not sure what could be the problem here.

former_member183777
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have successfully used the following format

UserResponse("technical name of variable";Index)

to get the key value of BEx variable where the Webi only has one query.

Based on your problem description, I would try to add the Index option to see if it helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vineet,

I've tried all the available syntax combinations with UserResponse in vain. The thing is that this BEx variable isn't deinfed in the straightforward characteristic restrictions. It has been embedded into a restricted key figure and I need to know if there is a way to display this onto the report.