cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPJK Material Availability Settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

I need to ensure, that my users can't issue a Requisition without a Material Number assigned.

Currently they can do in CJ20N by releasing a a Network activity. This is because in OPJK we have "No Check" ticked for Material Availability.

So we need to cnahge the settings.

The question is what better to choose between:

- Status check (if I tick this one, does it mean system will allow a Req without a material number? what does "missing part status" mean?)

- Check Material availability when saving order (if I tick this one, does it mean system will allow a Req without a material number? is that causing performance issue easily?:)

Thank you,

Daria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daria,

If, during an availability check (Overall Check), the system determines that a component is not available on a date on which it is required, the production order is automatically given the status "PRT shortage" (MSPR). This status remains active in the order header until a subsequent availability check (overall check) determines that all components have become available (for example, due to a goods receipt). [Missing Part Status Definition]

This probably means that the system checks for the availability of the materials that have been assigned to the network each time it has been released and a production order is created with the material being produced in the shop floor. I would rather suggest to go for Status check as a slight change to the material component assigned to the network shall make the system check the material availability every time even if the order is released if the Check material availability when saving order is tick marked.

In short Status Check is preferable. Please let me know your thoughts

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you:)

We just realised here, that both processes of Availability checks are not relevant for us. We don't use material stocks in PS & we don't really want to check Missing Part Status.

All what we need is to ensure every Purchase Requisition has a Material Number...

...what would you advice please?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Daria

please share the screen shot of the requisition where in you assign a material without material number

also please share the screen shot where in material po is created for a requiistion which does not contain any material number.

i think system shall not allow to create a material PR without material number

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

also check if material is not there in the particular plant then wether system allows you to create the material PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daria,

Try setting up a validation at the activity level, to check if the material group is blank, the system throws out an error saying purchase requisition cant be created. I think the material group field will be blank if the users try to create a requisition without the material number in it.

Its just my assumption. Will need to explore more though ..

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you