cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM issue at phase specify Credentials on PI7.4 dual STACK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP,

We are planning to apply SFTP addon using SUM .

We are getting error at phase - specify Credentials

Pls check the below error log.

An error has occurred during the execution of the Determine system release step.

You can find more information in the file

To troubleshoot the problem use the provided information. An SAP Note may provide a solution to this problem. Search for SAP Notes with the following keywords:

DETECT  input_credentials  input-credentials-dialog  determine-engine-release  com.sap.sdt.j2ee.services.servicesimpl.EngineInfoService  class com.sap.sdt.j2ee.tools.releasedetection.EngineReleaseDetectionException

VERSION_ACTION_VERSION_NULL_16.ERR:

/usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/bootstrap/scripts/version.sh[10]: /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/bootstrap/scripts/launcher.sh: cannot execute

TroubleTicket_16.txt:

Trouble Ticket Report

Update to n/a

SID................: n/a

Hostname...........: n/a

Install directory..: /usr/sap/SID

SUM directory......: /SUM/sdt

Database...........: n/a

Operating System...: UNX

JDK version........: 1.6.0_81 SAP AG

SUM version........: 1.0.11.1

Source release.....: n/a

Target release.....: n/a

ABAP stack present.: true

An error has occurred during the execution of the Determine system release step with action input_credentials. Service com.sap.sdt.j2ee.services.servicesimpl.EngineInfoService failed with the following message:

Could not detect AS Java release.

You can find more information in the files /SUM/sdt/log/SUM/DETERMINE-ENGINE-RELEASE_16.LOG and ProcessOverview.html.

Use the information provided to trouble-shoot the problem. There might be an OSS note providing a solution to this problem. Search for OSS notes with the following search terms:

DETECT,input_credentials,input-credentials-dialog,determine-engine-release,com.sap.sdt.j2ee.services.servicesimpl.EngineInfoService,class com.sap.sdt.j2ee.tools.releasedetection.EngineReleaseDetectionException

DETERMINE-ENGINE-RELEASE_16.LOG:

<!--LOGHEADER[START]/-->

<!--HELP[Manual modification of the header may cause parsing problem!]/-->

<!--LOGGINGVERSION[2.0.7.1006]/-->

<!--NAME[/SUM/sdt/log/SUM/DETERMINE-ENGINE-RELEASE_16.LOG]/-->

<!--PATTERN[DETERMINE-ENGINE-RELEASE_16.LOG]/-->

<!--FORMATTER[com.sap.tc.logging.TraceFormatter(%d [%6s]: %m)]/-->

<!--ENCODING[UTF8]/-->

<!--LOGHEADER[END]/-->

Jul 31, 2014 12:18:05 AM [Info  ]: Checking AS Java release using version command.

Jul 31, 2014 12:18:05 AM [Info  ]: The tool have been found in location /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/bootstrap/scripts/version.sh.

Jul 31, 2014 12:18:05 AM [Info  ]: Process ID 339, name /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/bootstrap/scripts/version.sh has been started.

Jul 31, 2014 12:18:05 AM [Info  ]:   Command line: /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/bootstrap/scripts/version.sh

Jul 31, 2014 12:18:05 AM [Info  ]:   Standard out: /SUM/sdt/log/SUM/VERSION_ACTION_VERSION_NULL_16.OUT

Jul 31, 2014 12:18:05 AM [Info  ]: Process ID 339 has been started.

Jul 31, 2014 12:18:05 AM [Info  ]: Waiting for process ID 339, name /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/bootstrap/scripts/version.sh to finish.

Jul 31, 2014 12:18:05 AM [Info  ]: Process ID 339, name /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/bootstrap/scripts/version.sh has been finished, exit code 126.

Jul 31, 2014 12:18:05 AM [Error ]: The following problem has occurred during step execution: com.sap.sdt.j2ee.tools.releasedetection.EngineReleaseDetectionException: Could not detect AS Java release.

Return code condition success evaluated to false for process /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/bootstrap/scripts/version.sh for action ACTION_VERSION.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apply fix mention in below note.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1681776

Former Member
0 Kudos

OS is AIX, Db is DB2 , SAP is PI7.4

SUM version : SUM10SP11_1-20006540

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is part one from the above note:

I. Change configuration for web methods protection to DEFAULT and restart:

1. Open for edit DEAFULT.PLF file from /usr/sap/(SID)/SYS/profile and set configuration:

service/protectedwebmethods = DEFAULT

2. Restart the cluster including sapstartsrv OS service:

2.1. For windows you can execute with administrator privileges following command to stop the services:

c:\> sc stop SAP[SID]_[Instance_Number]

c:\> sc stop SAP[SID]_[SCS_Instance_Number]

c:\> sc start SAP[SID]_[SCS_Instance_Number]

c:\> sc start SAP[SID]_[Instance_Number]

(SAP MMC could automatically start the services, in this case start command will produce warning "An instance of the service is already running.")

2.2. For Linux/Unix you can use stopsap/startsap commands without parameters (more info is available here : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/47/1d6feeff6e0d46e10000000a155369/content.htm).

3. Retry update procedure step.

4. After upgrade has finished you can restore the settings in the DEFAULT.PFL profile and restart the instance and services

.Set service/protectedwebmethods = DEFAULT in default profile

stopsap -i DVEBMGS<nn>

stopsap -i SCS<nn>

startsap -i SCS<nn>

startsap -i DVEBMGS<nn>

where <nn> is your instance number

Retry failed step again.

Divyanshu

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also stop and start sapstartsrv.

stopsap -i DVEBMGS<nn>

stopsap -i SCS<nn>

stopsap startupsrv -i DVEBMGS<nn>

stopsap startupsrv -i SCS<nn>

startsap startupsrv -i SCS<nn>

startsap startupsrv-i DVEBMGS<nn>

startsap -i SCS<nn>

startsap -i DVEBMGS<nn>

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

infact best would be to add parameter in profile, stop SUM, stop sap completely, stop srv and restart everything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

still have a same issue , any one advise>>>

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What was the result of above changes ?

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this is an correct and compatible sca file, why not deploy using telnet ?