cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap QM:master data unavaible in QM order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

please could you support on the subject below?

If I run the QK02 transaction and I load all the QM orders available for a specific plant

and ask to diplay the Master Data of the material related to one order in the list, all the fields of the Master Data

are correctly filled.

Then if I ask to show me the details of that QM order I don't see the material code (Material code field is blank)

and then I cannot retrieve automatically the Master Data of that specific material.

Is this related to the data configured when the order was first created?

Is it possible to collect the Master Data and automatically fill the order with them and why

the material code field is blank?

Thank you very much for your attention.

Kind Regards,

Mimma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below a little bit of concept so you can have a better understanding on how standard SAP works:

The main purpose of the QM order directly assigned on the material master data (QM view -> Inspection setup) is to play the role as a collective costing bucket for quality costs. This means that you can assign as many materials as you want to the same QM order in order to collect costs on monthly basis. That´s why you cannot see the individual material number in the order.

SAP will only fill out the material number field on the QM order if it gets generated via quality notification. The quality notification is always created for individual materials. This means that the QM order will play the role as an individual costing bucket for an specific quality notification / material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Julio. I take this opportunity to ask for more clarification. If we talk about QM notice, the standard SAP system allows me to automatically display the material master data? Or is there a procedure to do it? Or you need a custom procedure?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards.