cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PB 12.5 Soap Execution Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know why I am getting the error is bold below?  Actual error message could not be attached.

I am getting the following error when I run a Soap Proxy Client from a PB 12.5 application :

The essential part of the error is:

Error Number  0

Error Text = Unknown error, problem with Soap Client

Listed below is the script from the event that fails:

________________________________________________________________________________________

//Declare Soap objects

soapconnection l_conn

proxy_basichttpbinding_icardloadingservice      proxy_obj

__authorization                                              ltns_authorization

__transaction                                                ltns_transaction

__transactionresponse                                    ltns_transactionresponse

LONG ll_log, ll_return

STRING ls_endpoint

l_conn = create soapconnection

ll_log = l_conn.SetSoapLogFile ("C:\mySoapLog.log")

ll_return = l_conn.CreateInstance( proxy_obj, "proxy_basichttpbinding_icardloadingservice" )

ltns_authorization.idbranch = "A00070"

ltns_authorization.iduser = 3159

ltns_authorization.password = "#######"

ltns_transaction.accountnumber = "A1111"

ltns_transaction.amount = 100.

ltns_transaction.branchid = "A00070"

ltns_transaction.clavereceiver = "1234567"

ltns_transaction.senderid = 1

ltns_transactionresponse.accountnumber = ""

ltns_transactionresponse.code = ""

ltns_transactionresponse.idbranch = ""

ltns_transactionresponse.idsender = ""

ltns_transactionresponse.ws_message = ""

ltns_transactionresponse.passwordreceiver = ""

IF IsValid(proxy_obj) THEN

ltns_transactionresponse = proxy_obj.createtransaction(  ltns_authorization, ltns_transaction )  <===ERROR happens here!

ELSE

MessageBox("Error","Proxy object is NULL")

END IF

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Donald:

Can we access this Web Service to reporduce the behavior?

Cheers...Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

I am not sure what you mean.  The issue is in the PB code or Soap configuration in the app.  The WSDL and web service work as expected in SoapUI.

Don

CobyKako
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Donald,

I guess Bob is meaning: "is it possible to access this WS from outside your internal domain using an HTTP(s) url?"

Consequently, he could generate its proxy and recreate the issue in Bob's machine

Jacob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jacob.

Bob,

Please send me an e-mail address that I can send the URL to.  I prefer not to display the URL on this Forum.

Thanks,

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

Can you send me your e-mail address so I can send you the URL?

Thanks,

Don

former_member190719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd also recommend that you run, not walk, away from the EasySOAP client and use the .Net engine instead.  The EasySOAP engine is still provided for backwards capability, but should really not be used for any new web service clients.  It's must too far out of date to be of much use.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Bruce I understand however, I tried for over a week to use the web service datawindow and I kept getting an error message that .NET 4.0 Framework SDK was not installed even though I had installed at least twice.

I posted the issue on this Forum however, none of the suggestions I received solved the problem.  I have run out of time and need to move forward.  I thought EasySoap would be easy however, there is an issue with this as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Donald:

Have you been able to connect and process with any other tool?
If not, try SoapUI - The Home of Functional Testing to see if it works outside PB.

Cheers...Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I downloaded SoapUI as you suggested and ran the method that I was testing and the response structure was correctly populated.

The problem remains that from a PB application, I get the same error as I posted above...Error Number = 0, Error Text = Unknown error, problem with SoapClient

Any ideas?

Don