cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis for Office: Overlapping Crosstab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a strong requirement to display several Crosstabs in the same sheet of an Analysis report.

The only problem I have is that the number of rows of each table is not fixed. I could manage it inserting 10 rows between each crosstab but it is not really the way I'd like to fix my issue (neither inserting each cross tab in a dedicated WorkSheet).

The problem remains unsolved on BEX Analyser and I would have expected from SAP that they would have fixed this issue.

Does anyone encoutered the same issue and found a proper solution?

Thanks a lot.

Cyril.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tammy, you wrote a blog describing how to use VBA :

Is there a function in the API that we could use to find the position of the last cell used by a GRID and to set the position of another one?

Christophe

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe - I am not an expert on VBA  - I don't know.  I hope others more familiar with it can reply here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christophe,

Jörg Böke posted a small function for that in following thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3571943

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor . Good to see you here .

So, as far as I understood from all your post the only way I can dynamically integrate several crosstabs in one sheet is to code some VBA.....

This is not really what I was expecting but I will try to manage it with my poor VBA knowledge.

Cyril.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Salut Cyril!

unfortunately there is no setting for that in analysis for office, so I think the only workaround would be VBA (have not checked myself though). VBA was also the only proposal given in a thread where this was discussed, there is some code there, probably you can start with that:

Cheers,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Buenas tardes Victor (Ich probiere!!!!)

Thanks a lot, I will try to follow these 3 links posted in this topic.

cheers,

Cyril.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice to see that my/Dirk's coding still helps to solve this issue 🙂

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are some alternatives here

But not sure this will totally solve it; this may work out in Analysis Office 2.0 where you can insert lines - see

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer Tammy.

This is exactly my point... I do not want to move the crosstables. I already read this post yesterday before posting mine, but it seems that the only solution I could have would to set a structure up and this is also not convenient for my customer.

It seems there is no magic solution right now.
If anyone has any idea he's welcome to share.

Thanks again Tammy.