Did you mean: 

Parameter selection question

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to make a report that gives the user the option to do one of following:

(1) Select Top 5 Used Profile IDs

(2) Select Top 5 Random Profile IDs

(3) Choose Up to 5 Desired Profile IDs

How can I make a parameter that once selected will either, with option 1 or 2 pass the selected IDs from a SQL Command, or with option 3 to select the profile IDs themselves?  Is this possible?

I am using CR 11.5 and this will be implemented with the Viewer through a front-end application.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Wesley,

you'd really need to post this question to a forum particular to your database. Commands are written in your db syntax.

mostly you'd need to know if your database actually supports a row level random function for the option number (2). some db's don't...i.e. they support a query level random function where the random number is a single number per query versus a different number for each row. if that's the case you'll need to look for a workaround particular to your db.

for the other options look into seeing whether or not your database supports a CASE statement for the ORDER BY clause and the WHERE clause as you'd need to either use the WHERE clause for picking 5 user entered profile ID's or the ORDER BY clause to get the Top 5 Used Profile ID's.

so given your db and version this type of command is possible.

-jamie