cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The data object does not have a component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prior to making change to Z program, I did syntax check and got:

The data object "WA_D003" does not have a component called "ZSHIFT".

This Z program is in the End Routine of a transformation from a PSA to DSO. I get the error when syntax checking, but when executing the DTP, there is not an error and ZSHIFT gets populated as expected.

I am hesitant to make a program change and transport up.

This is all in our BW Development box.  I checked the code against what is in BWQ & BWP and the code is exactly the same as is the DSO InfoObjects.  However, in BWQ and BWP, I do not receive the error when doing a syntax check.

I've searched customer messages and have had no luck.  I also treid to add an attachment to this question, but it won't allow me to.  Thanks for any help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

pretty hard to help you as we have no clue what you're actually doing with WA_D003 and ZSHIFT, no?

so you're calling a z-program in an end routine?

what does that program do? what are it's parameters/select options?

what are you doing with the results of that program in the end routine?

what are WA_D003 and ZSHIFT? I'm assuming the first one is a work area and the latter a field you're trying to fill in the end routine?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I knew this wouldn't be easy, but yes, I have an End Routine that has an Include program that looks up the value of ZSHIFT from DSO ZPP_D003 and WA_D003 is the work area.

I don't need help with how it works, was just hoping someone had seen where a program in one box, exactly the same as in another box, one syntax checks successfully and the 2nd one doesn't.

The code was transported, so it is the same, and I've checked the code several times and it is identical in both systems.

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok, are your all your software components in sync?

at one of the projects I'm working on, they have installed Personas on DEV for example... and not (yet) on the rest of the landscape

that already results in issues when transporting, but other than that there's no harm (for us)

could be that you have some componen installed on DEV which does make a fuss about how you call the program or how you address variables from/to memory (should you use that)