cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas enablement for Single-Sign-On

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a customer here who is planning to implement SAP Screen Personas. However, they have  concerns about enabling Personas for Single-Sign-On.

I have very limited knowledge of Single-Sign-On, so I refer to you for help.

the customer decide to install Personas on the same system, same client as where ERP is located.

the customer is now using Portal, and they would like to embed Personas into Portal,  so they want to use Portal as an entry point for logon.

so  finally, here is the requirement:  how to do SSO for Personas which is incorporated into Portal.

I would be grateful if any one could give the configuration path or any documents or hint.

thanks,

Torren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Regular Logon Ticket approach will work since Personas is based on ITS. In other words AS JAVA (portal) issues a Logon Ticket which is trusted by the backend system hosting Personas. There are also other options. Your Cross Posting in the space could be used to discuss them further.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaski,

thanks for your reply.

so from my understanding of what you said. the whole process should be like this:

once the user open the portal, the first credential verification will be done by means of logon ticket,  then the same logon ticket will be issued when the user open the Personas  link embeded in Portal, and passed the credential verification of Personas at the backend.

if  Personas was embed in customer's Portal which is SSO enabled, then Is it possible for user to log onto Personas from portal  without any Personas specific SSO configuration ?

Looking forward to hearing you .

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, AS JAVA issues the Logon Ticket once the user is authenticated by one of the supported methods. How do users logon to the portal currently? Using username and password? There could even be SSO to portal and going forward SSO to the backend system hosting Personas. That's correct, there is no need for Personas specific SSO configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kaski,

thanks for your confirmation.

yes, the customer use SSO to portal and forward SSO to backend sytem hosting Personas.

thanks,

Torren