Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter Sales Area for Sales Document

vidyasagar24
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

I am trying to create new inquiry document without copy as standard IN document in VOV8. While creating VA11, system is asking 'Enter Sales Area'. Once I gave my sales area and entered into application, the sold-to-party field is disable even though I assigned internal number assignment. In this regard, anyone of you advice me on the following requirements.

1. I want to create the sales document myself without copy as standard.

2. I want to create the sales document without sales area mandatory.

Please suggest me if any further activities required.

Best Regards

Vidya Sagar Chintalapudi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vidya

I want to create the sales document without sales area mandatory.

Yes it is not possible but one option is there 

in this link once we enters va01 screen automatically sales area will come but we no need enter

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

2. I want to create the sales document without sales area mandatory.

This is Quite Possible & some clients need this too.

IF A CLIENT IS HAVING NO.OF SALES AREAS WILL NOT ENTER THE SALES AREA IN VA01 SCREEN.THEY WILL ENTER ONLY WITH DOCUMENT TYPE--ONCE AFTER ENTERING --THEY WILL GIVE CUSTOMER NUMBER--THEN SYSTEM WILL SHOW THE OPTIONS OF ALL SALES AREAS DEFINED FOR THIS CUSTOMER--FOLLOWED BY OTHER PROCEDURES...

(BUSINESSES --NOT HAVING MUCH USE OF COMMON SALES AREA CONCEPT)

(PRIOR TO 4.7 VERSION SAP OFFERED TO CREATE CUSTOMERS BASED ON SALES AREA--BUT CHANGED FROM 4.7,MADE IT MANDATORY OF COMMON DISTRIBUTION/DIVISION)

NOTE: REFERRAL SALES AREAS IS NOT THE QUESTION HERE.

But as suggested if you are creating your own inquiry document type(Good, you tried)

have you find the underlying tables like TVCPA,TVFSP,TVAKZ has been updated or not(normally this will be updated while copying)

Have you done all your Partner determinations for your sales document header in VOPAN...

Please update..

Phanikumar

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you Explain in which scenario you need this requirement and what is the purpose.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While your first one may be possible your second requirement is not at all possible.  I feel, you are just trying to learn SD and while in that process, you have posted this.   Just try on your own without maintaining sales area and check what error system is popping up.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a Sales Document without copying, but to use such document, you must ensure that all the related configuration must be there. Since when we copy the Sales Document to create another document, ssytem copies some other configurations like Copy Control, Item Determianation, etc. and also update some of the tables.

I am not sure what do you mean by 'creating sales document without sales area'. If you want to enter in a document from initial screen, then yes, you just enter your sales document type and press enter without entering the sales area, system will take you to 'Overview' screen. There you can enter your Sold To Party, and from sold to party system will determine the Sales Area. BUT, if you mean that you want to create a Sales Document and save it without any Sales Area, it is Not Possible, since Sales Area is the basic Org. Structure which is required for creating any document in SD.

Also note that these are basic questions, for which you can find your answer by seraching the SCN or Google also, so kindly aearch first before posting.

Thanks

and regards,

Amitesh Anand