cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Read Access Logging and how does it work!

dhruv_mehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I was following a doument :http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-50184

Which shows how you can display list modification structure in a view! But in standard if you check (i.e Listmodification for Business partner in opportunity).

Address , Phone and Email gets pick up automatically as soons as you sellect Partner ID! As per my knowledge that is achieved by :

Read Access Logging

if you check the properties of Data model field , there is an option of Read Access logging

If you check the Read Field Group Data collection , you will see below screen.

This Functionality , I have to achieve in my CUSTOM list modification structure! but How to create field group and how to achieve this functionality ihave no clue!:(

Please help!

Regards,

Dhruvin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Dhruvin,

Thé document you mention describes the ListModificationStructure which is used as a kind of "Quick Create".

But you text refers more to the info displayed on mouse over like

What is the expected behaviour / functionality?

Thanks,

Horst

dhruv_mehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

Expected behaviour is in my list modification structure , if a user selects PartyID related attributes like address , phone ,email etc should be automatically populated..

Regards,

Dhruvin

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Dhruvin,

Then you need some DataOperations in the event handler which starts the ListModification.

• Place them before the Start operation
  • They should assign the PartyID related attributes (one by one) to the resp. fields in the ListModificationStructure.

See example below:

HTH,

Horst

dhruv_mehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

I think what I tried to actually tell is if you check the standard Related Opportunities facet in Opportunity TI.. if you click on Add a list modification form gets open

You select the opportunity from OVS and the data associated to that opportunity ID will be prefilled in all columns in adavanced list pane..

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Dhruvin,

So the question is:

After selecting an Opportunity ID via an OVS: How to fill other fields with data from the Opportunity?

Is this right?

Bye,

Horst

dhruv_mehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes! You are right thats eactly what i require,...

Similar to Related Opportunity in Opportunity TI...

Regards,

Dhruvin

dhruv_mehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Horst!

I have checked almost every thing and what i think is SAP is handling it with Calculation rule or something or some backend code! anyway to achieve this for our custom view?

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Dhruvin,

I've asked some colleagues and the answer is, Yes, but....

Theoretically you can pass multiple values back from the OVS via outport parameters.

Practically the receiving field OporttunityID is not capable of handling this information.

In the standard BO and the Custom BOs from the Service Center they are using the association to the resp. BO  and some ABSL coding to retrieve those values,.

HTH,

Horst

dhruv_mehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Horst!

Thanks for a confidence boost , I have created an Script on the node ( After modify ).

I think this will do.. let me try and let you know!

And i ll post whole solution!

Thanks for your support!

Regards,

Dhruvin

Answers (0)