cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Absence Deduction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have sceanrio, I have employees working on work schedule which has multiple DWS eg. 8 hrs, 9 hrs or 10 hrs. However when an employee applies for a leave I want the absence quota to be deducted at 9 hours flat. The absence quota is in hours.

Regards,

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

This is a standard functionality in SAP and can be achieved by maintaining DWS variant for Absence.

Please refer my below blog on this:

Go to the section Scenario 2: Determine Daily Work Schedule Variants for Absence

I have explained your requirement and solution in Section 2.

I hope this resolves your query.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vivek, you documentation is spot on. Got what I was looking for.

@ Sankarsan :  Thank you, initially even I thought to go for a BADI, now it seems standard can handle this.

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad your issue is resolved.

Regards,

Vivek

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

As per standard it's not the way to deduct quota.

Whenever you are applying leave for a day it will deduct one day. In this one day system will give you following information that Payroll Hours as dws, absence hours as per dws and absenc days 1 and quota used 1.

Since if you will go to XT00 subschema and under PSP function where whold month schedule has come and it has been triggerd from your Work schedule rule.

Now possiblity to do this solution,

Whenever employee will apply the leave then you have to change his 8 hrs DWS to 9hrs DWS or 10hrs DWS to 9 hrs dws through substitution or dws variant. and on that time you can apply his leave where it will reflect as per your requirement.

Hope so you understand.

Regards,

Sankarsan

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't agree with you Sankarsan. SAP provides a standard solution for the stated requirement.

SAP has designed this for very purpose.

Please refer this SAP documentation for your reference.

A lot of clients in Australia have this requirement and this solution has been implemented.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Vivek.

For clarify my reply.

Hi Mahesh,

Go with Mr Vivek's direction.

Regards,

Sankarsan