cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Steward- Installation Error

former_member193591
Participant
0 Kudos

We went through all the documentation in the installation guide, and have followed the allowed specifications; just wanted to check if you guys have come across the below errors: CMS is running and we have BOBJ and BODS already installed; All are in same server, different databases & diff repository ... Not sure if we missed any points in the installation guide; we tried to uninstall and reinstall Information Steward and still run into the same errors; We have used the same versions for BOBJ, DS & Information Steward.

Appreciate & awaiting your feedback and solution!

Regards,

Arvind E

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

li_jin
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind E,

>We have used the same versions for BOBJ, DS & Information Steward.

This seems to be wrong. Please refer to KBA1740516 to check if you have any incompatible issues first.

Thanks,

Li

former_member193591
Participant
0 Kudos

Will check on that and confirm ...

Thank you Li.

Regards,

Arvind E

former_member193591
Participant
0 Kudos

While we are still reviewing the PAM as Li said, I would like get some clarity with BO DS to be installed, before BO IS ...

I understand that BODS and BO IS [information steward] compliment each other, however I see two school of thoughts in the land scape; some sites say it is a pre-requisite and some say no;

Most of the sites say they compliment each other, which I understand; What I don't understand is, are they interdependent or independent of each other; I know BODS can be installed without BO IS for business requirement, but can we install BO IS without installing BO DS; if not what is the dependency ...

Can BO IS be installed standalone on IPS / BIP; which ideally mean, can I install BO IS without BO DS;

Appreciate your response;

Regards,

Arvind E

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DS is a prerequisite for IS. Cf. section "1.2.2.3 Data Services components usage" in the DS and IS Master Guide for all details.

former_member193591
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Dirk,

Could you please check the link, I get a broken page when I select the link:

Regards,

Arvind E

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sorry about that. This should be the correct one: http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbods42/en/ds_is_42_master_en.pdf

former_member193591
Participant
0 Kudos

Got that Dirk,

Please confirm my understanding,

***********We can install the bare minimum components as below to start using Information Steward:

When you install Data Services, ensure that you select the following components:

● Job Server under the Server category

● Data Services APS Services which contain the Data Services Metadata Browsing Service and Data Services View Data Service.

OR

**********To complement Information Stewards and Data Services each other we would need this exhaustive list ...

Data Services Server

>Job Server

>Access Server

Data Services Client

>Designer

>Workbench

DataServices Management Console

DataServices APS Services

DataServices Message Client

Text Data Processing Language

DataDirect ODBC Drivers

Cleansing Package

Data Services Documentation

Regards,

Arvind E

former_member193591
Participant
0 Kudos

Looks like the process flow for installation of IS is follows  :

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's 100% correct.

In fact, I wouldn't bother too much about being too selective in installing DS components. When you do a full install, you'll be able to leverage all the capabilities to their full extent.

And you'll only need a bit of extra disk space. Services not currently in use won't consume any other extra resources.

former_member193591
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Dirk! for your time and help

Answers (0)