Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI Track issue

former_member339060
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi There,

We are implementing the CTS+ in our external portal landscape which is in NW 7.01 SP13. Currently we are having NWDI in our development system and through NWDI the deployment will happen, As a part of this there is one track which is existing having the development runtime system is DEV and consolidation system is QAS system.

But as a part of CTS+ we have created a new track with copy of the existing track details and imported the SC's and SCAs to new track. but the new track all the DC's are in broken status.

Could you please suggest me how to correct all the broken DC's in new track.

Note: all the DC's in existing track are working  OK.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Pavan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

former_member339060
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your replies, Issue is resolved as mentioned above reply I have downloaded the those three including some of the dependent SC's and imported into my new track. Hence the issue is resolved.

Thanks a lot for all of you.

Pavan.

former_member339060
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

Thanks very much. as per lot of documents there are three mandatory SC's are there. Those were already visible in SC's .

Could you please confirm do I need import these again ?

○       SAP J2EE ENGINE <Release> (SAP-JEE <Release>)

○       SAP BUILD TOOL <Release> (SAP_BUILDT <Release>)

○       SAP JAVA TECHNOLOGY SERVICES <Release> (SAP_JTECHS <Release>

Thanks,

pavan.

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Pavan Kumar wrote:

Hi Jun,

Thanks very much. as per lot of documents there are three mandatory SC's are there. Those were already visible in SC's .

Could you please confirm do I need import these again ?

○       SAP J2EE ENGINE <Release> (SAP-JEE <Release>)

○       SAP BUILD TOOL <Release> (SAP_BUILDT <Release>)

○       SAP JAVA TECHNOLOGY SERVICES <Release> (SAP_JTECHS <Release>

Thanks,

pavan.

You probably will need more than just those three.

Go to the Development tab of the original track and click on the "Go To History" button to see which build plugins have been imported in the past.

former_member339060
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Apologies for delay reply. I have created a new track and as save as with exiting track and checked all the SC's are present as like the existing track. But while am synchronize SC dependencies and accept CMS definition there is one pop up appears and given the screen as

Could you please suggest how to import all these SC's in and how to find out these versions and where to down load these SC's .

I bilieve this is step last time I ignored and imported the SCA's due to this all the DC's are in broken status.

Could you please suggest me.

Is there any document for creating new track with exisiting run time systems and SC's. if yes please share with me.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Pavan.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no need to sync sc definition if you are using "save as"

just put all those sca in the inbox folder and import

former_member339060
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Ervin,

As requested, below are the build log and request log details

Request log :

'sap.com/home/deplib' DC of 'origin.com_OriginEnergyExtPrt_1' compartment USES 'sap.com/tc/bi/bp/addLib' DC, does not exist [public-part: addLib] AS Build Plugin Dependency [validity: USED COMPONENT OR PUBLIC PART IS UNKNOWN OR UNDEFINED] INVALID DEPENDENCIES: The following dependencies are marked as invalid: 'sap.com/home/com.originenergy.contentarea' DC of 'origin.com_OriginEnergyExtPrt_1' compartment USES 'sap.com/tc/bi/bp/portalapplication' DC, does not exist [public-part: def] AS Build Plugin Dependency [validity: USED COMPONENT OR PUBLIC PART IS UNKNOWN OR UNDEFINED] 'sap.com/home/com.originenergy.contentarea' DC of 'origin.com_OriginEnergyExtPrt_1' compartment USES 'sap.com/sapxmltoolkit' DC, does not exist [public-part: default] AS Build-Time Dependency [validity: USED COMPONENT OR PUBLIC PART IS UNKNOWN OR UNDEFINED] 'sap.com/home/com.originenergy.contentarea' DC of 'origin.com_OriginEnergyExtPrt_1' compartment USES 'sap.com/com.sapportals.htmlb' DC, does not exist [public-part: default] AS Build-Time Dependency [validity: USED COMPONENT OR PUBLIC PART IS UNKNOWN OR UNDEFINED] 'sap.com/home/com.originenergy.contentarea' DC of 'origin.com_OriginEnergyExtPrt_1' compartment USES 'sap.com/epbc.prtapi._api' DC, does not exist [public-part: default] AS Build-Time Dependency [validity: USED COMPONENT OR PUBLIC PART IS UNKNOWN OR UNDEFINED] 'sap.com/home/com.originenergy.contentarea' DC of 'origin.com_OriginEnergyExtPrt_1' compartment USES 'sap.com/epbc.prtpars._htmlb' DC, does not exist [public-part: default] AS Build-Time Dependency [validity: USED COMPONENT OR PUBLIC PART IS UNKNOWN OR UNDEFINED] 'sap.com/home/com.originenergy.contentarea' DC of 'origin.com_OriginEnergyExtPrt_1' compartment USES 'sap.com/epbc.prtpars._soap' DC, does not exist [public-part: default] AS Build-Time Dependency [validity: USED COMPONENT OR PUBLIC PART IS UNKNOWN OR UNDEFINED] 'sap.com/home/com.originenergy.contentarea' DC of 'origin.com_OriginEnergyExtPrt_1' compartment USES 'sap.com/epbc.prtapi._test' DC, does not exist [public-part: default] AS Build-Time Dependency [validity: USED COMPONENT OR PUBLIC PART IS UNKNOWN OR UNDEFINED] 'sap.com/home/com.originenergy.contentarea' DC of 'origin.com_OriginEnergyExtPrt_1' compartment USES 'sap.com/servlet' DC, does not exist [public-part: default] AS Build-Time Dependency [validity: USED COMPONENT OR PUBLIC PART IS UNKNOWN OR UNDEFINED] 'sap.com/home/com.originenergy.contentarea' DC of 'origin.com_OriginEnergyExtPrt_1' compartment USES 'sap.com/jaxm' DC, does not exist [public-part: default] AS Build-Time Dependency [validity: USED COMPONENT OR PUBLIC PART IS UNKNOWN OR UNDEFINED] 'sap.com/home/com.originenergy.contentarea' DC of 'origin.com_OriginEnergyExtPrt_1' compartment USES 'sap.com/webservices_lib' DC, does not exist [public-part: ?] AS Build-Time Dependency [validity: USED COMPONENT OR PUBLIC PART IS UNKNOWN OR UNDEFINED]

Build Log:

"org.com/home/prdctlg" (variant "default") is being marked as BROKEN. USAGE IS FORBIDDEN BY SOFTWARE COMPONENT, USED COMPONENT OR PUBLIC PART IS UNKNOWN OR UNDEFINED

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just import the dependent SCA

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

as also Jun said you are missing the SC dependencies which you have to import both to Development and Consolidation.

Proceed as follows:

- go to CMS webui -- Landscape Configurator -- Track Data -- select the track in question -- go to the table at the bottom of the screen and expand the node of your custom software, you'll see many SCs like SAP_BUILDT, to mention an example.

Now you need to ensure, that all those SCs are available in the CMS/inbox folder (i.e. you have to download these SCs from the marketplace if you did not download them yet -- pay attention to release and SP when you select the SCs).

If the proper files are there, then you can go to CMS webui .. tab "Check-In" -- and here you need to check in all the SCs you saw on the track configuration.

Once it is done, go to development and trigger import for these SCs. Do the same on Consolidation.

If every import finished succesfully, then you should not have the same amount of broken DCs.

Best Regards,

Ervin

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have u imported all the depended SCA file for ur new track?

former_member339060
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Ervin,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, all the meta data DC's are in red color and there are some Used DC's are in red color and all compile state DC's are in gray out status.

Please help me how to resolve all those DC's

Thanks you.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

just pick one that has compile state issues, click on the DC name and send the request log as well as the build log.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have broken DCs, this guide might come in handy:

(NWDI)(CBS) the CBS-make log and-or CBS Web UI report broken DCs - Technology Troubleshooting Guide ...

Regards,

Ervin

Aleksandr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello.

Did you you create DCs in SLD? If Yes:

And accept SLD Definition

If no on step 2 "Accept CMS Definition"

former_member339060
Participant
0 Kudos

All the SC are created in SLD as we are using those in our existing track, I have followed the mentioned steps still the DC's are broken

Thanks,

Pavan.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

locate the corresponding Request log and Build log based on that guide I sent you, and if you find the correct one, I can most probably tell what is the reason.