cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference MIC require to be use for Multiple Plants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created 2 characteristics and asigned it to one class hence with reference of that i have created MICs for Plant X.
Accordingly i have assinged those MICs to inspection plan which are cretaed for Plant X.

After get done result recording and UD , values get copied to batch classification and its working fine.

Now the problem is that perticular class we are using for another class also (i.e Plant : Y) , because same process is happening in Plant X as well as in Plant Y.

I have created new inpection plan for Plant Y also sepratly and Material assignment also done.

For Plant Y , this scenario not working , results not gets copied to batch classification

As per starndard i can create only 1 MIC against 1 Reference.

Please advise how same refernce MIC would be work for another plant (i.e Y).

Thanks,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

• MICs are generally created for one plant but they can be used in inspection plans of different plants. I don't understand where is the gap in this discussion. Pl share if I missed out something.

• Second view could be like this. You have a MIC, let say Quality, which is used in both plants but you want it to get linked with different characteristics (Char 1 for X and Char 2 for Y). If that's the scenario, then yes, you would need to create this MIC for Y also and link with second characteristics.

Frankly saying, I couldn't understand the real issue here. Is master data the issue or updating of batch master ??

Also check the following path

QCC0>Basic settings> Maintain setting at plant level> Choose Plant Y> InsLot Completion. Make sure Batch valuation is set on.

Additionally, Pl rephrase the following statement,

Now the problem is that perticular class we are using for another class also (i.e Plant : Y)

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

yes (2) is the scenario, and same i suggested that sam MIC you will use in different plant except if no different char assignment is exists.

Secondly, last line is also not cleared to me as well.

Regards

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simple I have created 2 MICs (Ref1 and Ref2) with class characteristics reference. (Both MICs created for Plant X)

Hence those MICs assigned to inspection plan which is created for Plant X

Now i want to use those MICs for different plant (i.e Plant Y).

Same batch class used for two different Plants.

Problem is after result recording and usage decision values not get copied to batch class for Plant Y only ,

For Plant X its working fine. 

As per my understanding MICs are created for Plant X thats why its working fine.

I hope you understand my query , If still you have confusion then again i will try to explain you better

Thanks,

Abhishek

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. It won't affect the Batch master update if MICs from one plant are used in the inspection plan of other plant.

I understand inspection plan of Plant Y have MICs (created in Plant X) and you do result recording and UD for inspection lots of Plant Y. Correct ? This is commonly adopted scenario.

Did you check the path I shared in my previous post?

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the valuable and prompt reply.

That batch valuation tick mark was not there for Plant Y.

It was missing for Plant Y only.

QCC0>Basic settings> Maintain setting at plant level> Choose Plant Y> InsLot Completion. 

Now it is woring fine for both the plants.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be able to use the exact same plan as well for both plants.  Why create a second plan?  In the plan header, got to the assignments and assign the material/plant to it.

In additional, in your QM plant settings, make sure the second plant, (the one with the problem), on the tab "InsLot completion" the indicator at the bottom, "Batch valuation without material spec" is ticked on.

Craig

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

Yes. It does work. Same plan can be used for materials of different plants. Besides, I also tested the part where same MIC (extended to two plants ) is linked with different Chars (plant X and Y) and it does update the batch characteristics. So I don't see any problem with these settings as well. 

Remaining part is configuration. Yes, I also had a doubt and I mentioned this in my first post.

Nitin

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. I missed your comment on the plant config item.. my apologies.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks..

You are right, i can use same inspection plant for Plant X ann Y , just plant should be different while material assignment in inspection plan.

But i think its not an issue if created seprate inspection for both plants.

And yes that batch valuation tick was not there for second plant.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As its a sap system standard behaviour and already lots of post are available on it. Kindly create separate for both plants and test it on Test server.

As i said global use of MIC with clas is not possible wihtout Variant config.

regards

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What would happen if MIC1 is linked with Char1 in Plant A and MIC1 is again linked with MIC2 in Plant B? (MIC1 is extended to both plants)

If all other settings are correctly maintained, would this update the batch characteristic once the inspection lot is properly closed? I'm not sure. Never came across such process

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If same MIC 1 linked with Char 1 and same extended in two plants and if you want to update batch clasiification then offcourse it will update value.

Regards

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It was a typo. I wanted to ask this

"What would happen if MIC1 is linked with Char1 in Plant A and MIC1 is again linked with Char2 in Plant B?"

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sure.

Suggest you to try this on test system.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As you told you have created and mIC for plant X, so, as you know MIC is plant relevent master data while class is client dependent one.

I will suggest you that just create MIC for another plant Y also and use class there also .

other wise , global use of MIC's not possible w.r.t refference one.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

Actually the requirement is to be use of MIC with refernce to multiple plants.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

ok

Then my suggesstion is that you treat your plant X as global plant and use the same MICS w.r.t PLANT X in inspection plan of PLANT Y. but this is not the correct way.

and try in your test server.

Otherwise move to Variant configuration.

Regards