cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Exceeded : Message No BP603

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having problem with budget exceeded error.

Scenario - When trying to invoice the P.O it prompt budget exceeded error but budget was available when checked the S_ALR_ report.

As it was very urgent, Budget was supplemented to pass the Invoice for P.O and after it is invoiced I could still see the budget available more than already available budget.

Example.

Invoice for Commitment PO - 200000

Budget Available - 50000

Supplemented Budget by 20K to pass on the Invoice as it thrown error while invoicing, Hence New Budget available after supplement is - 70000

After the invoice of PO - 200000

Budget report showed the same available amount as 70000 ( No Change in the original value of budget even after supplement of 20K)

so now I tried to reduce the budget back to 20k and roll back the budget back to 50K but system throws me the error as attached here.

I have tried to analyze the report such as CJI3, CJI5, CJ31 also executed RKANBU01, CJBN, CJEN.

This is done on lower level WBS and I have checked all P.Os and tax charged towards it to see if the available budget has been consumed with the tax amount or not.

Real values on the scenario are given below. I am not able to get the point on where the 4641.43 USD is budget exceeding

USD930451commitment
345550actual
1276001total Budget Consumed
1289263Current budget
13263available

Appreciate experts help and comments.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Thanks every one for looking into the post and tried to help on the started discussion.

The issue is resolved and I have analysed the cause of it.

Solution : Currency in availability control is maintained in USD & hence System issued error message in USD with Value and the exchange rates used to translate the currency was the first day of the year which cause the difference and budget exceeded.

Also refer note 906975 for good understanding and explanation on Currency translation in planning and budgeting

Hope this will help others at some point.

Cheers !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aoron,

Thanks for sharing the solution...

Regards

Tushar

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any advise from Experts is much appreciated !

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI

Step1:

Just check whether you have maintained person responsible

It is required that person responsible is maintained for WBS elements

Step2:

check the released budget and the year of release and the posting in which you are carrying out the ,is there budget available

this might help you to resolve your issue

Message was edited by: Sushrut Sheth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sushrut,

Person responsible is maintained.

No release maintained for budgeting.

Budget is done on over all

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One thing is clear that system is checking budget of WBS in subject and giving error of budget against it. Just a workaround, instead of reducing budget by 20 K , reduce it by ( 20K- 4631.43) USD and check.

Or

Deactivate AVAC->Reduce budget by 20K-> Save ->reactivate AVAC->create new commitment (PR/PO) -> What is the new budget exceeded amount,Note it-> Supplement the budget by this value and check PR/PO again.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Saurabh for your comments, Please see my updated post and share your valuable feed back.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried the ways I suggested above?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saurabh,

I was not able to perform the steps you said as I don't ve controls to deactivate the availability control as its restricted.

Instead budget was supplemented for the wbs as needed for project and I was able to reduce the budget for 20k now but when I try to return back the budget from the available amount system issues me with error as attached.

When the wbs is budgeted in AUD and transacted in AUD Currency why the system issues messages with the value in USD, Is this standard behavior ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aoron,

PLs check your budget profile settings in configuration. What currency is maintained there, is it Co area currency/ object currency/ transaction currency? what is the default currency ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used CJ38 and get the same error as attached.

I have also checked if in CJI5 and for all the P.Os if its has tax amount which consumes the budget but  still I am not able to figure it out.

This has been budgeted in AUD Currency and have USD as CO Currency.

I have checked the Exchange Rates in OB08 and still didn't get the difference in amount which should prompts exceeded budget message as  plenty of budget available.

Not sure if budget translation from AUD to USD is happening correct.

Let me know your suggestions.

Thanks all for your comments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After doing the budgeting.. Do you also releases the budget ? If yes, then provide screen shot of CJ32 as well.

I have a doubt. I think you are releasing the header level WBS and keep child level WBS intact.

Provide the screen shot of S_ALR_87013558 and that too specific with that particular WBS which are creating problem for you. (Plz drag it to the right. I want to see the available, assigned amount).

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

We don't have release functionality maintained for budgeting.

This is for child level wbs and sufficient budget is available.

As requested I have attached the screen shot.

Standard Report shows the budget in USD

And CJ31 also displays the budget in USD

I have also attached screen shot of budget in AUD, Where in on the available budget amount I am trying to reduce it by 20K in CJ38 which pops the budget exceeded error message.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aoron,

Please try returning the available amount 13263 USD using cj38 if you wish to roll back to the original budget.

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I felt from your query is that the system behavior is absolutely correct. Please return the budget using CJ38. You can't do that using CJ30.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used CJ38 and get the same error as attached.

I have also checked if in CJI5 and for all the P.Os if its has tax amount which consumes the budget but  still I am not able to figure it out.

This has been budgeted in AUD Currency and have USD as CO Currency.

I have checked the Exchange Rates in OB08 and still didn't get the difference in amount which should prompts exceeded budget message as  plenty of budget available.

Not sure if budget translation from AUD to USD is happening correct.

Let me know your suggestions.

Thanks all for your comments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you are trying to reduce the budget from CJ37 ??? where you are now getting this error ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

I am trying to change and reduce the budget in CJ30 to roll back to the original budget how it was before the invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can not reduce the reduce or increase the budget from WBS in tcode CJ30 . here you can assign only first budget after that you can do from tcode CJ37.

Regards,

mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have to use "Return Budget" transaction, not the original allocation one.