cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATS Data entry editable after Approved and transferred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have a requirement once the time is entered, approved and transferred the time should be made available yo change for certain users based on authorization or any alternate means.

In current system I know that we have a option of 'No Changes after Approval' but this will lock the entries for every one once the time is transferred. But there should be a provision where manager can change the approved and transferred entries.

How we can achieve this any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks,

Lohith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member225645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lohith:

Couple of options:

Option #01:

<assumed you have org. structure active and that the time reporter is assigned to an org unit and their manager is also assigned to the org unit via a position that is flagged as 'Head of org. unit'>

-don't flag the check box 'don't permit change after approval' in the DE profile(CAC1).

-use user exit CATS*6 to make 'approved' time records display only if logged in person's PERNR matches with that on the record

-with same user exit, allow edit rights to the 'approved' records if logged in person's PERNR matches with that of the person assigned as 'Head of org. unit'

This option expects some discipline in the master data (org structure etc., user id on info types)

Option #02

Managers may collect the time sheets off line from all time reporters, then make changes as necessary to time records and ask an admin to punch in the numbers in CATS.

Hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

But there should be a provision where manager can change the approved and transferred entries.

Could you please let us know the business requirement behind this statement? Why would a manager want to change the approved hours? If there is a discrepancy the hours should not be approved in the first place.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gokul krishna,

Thanks for your reply...

I explained the logic as you said that the manager should not approve if there is any difference in the booked time. But the client still insists that lets put a authorization so that only the person who has certain authorizations can modify after approved and transferred.

The reply was if the project manager does approves by mistake there should be a way to correct it.

So i am searching for the solution to achieve it.

Is there any way we can achieve it.

Regards,

Lohith

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lohith,

Check CAC1 user data entry profile whether is no change after approval box?

once you un-tick the box then it would be enable as you expected. check and let me know.

Regards,
Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Thanks for your reply...

I tried that thats not the solution is am expecting...

If we uncheck that means it will be open for the person who has entered the time as well.

We only want it to be opened by certain authorized person like Manager.

Regards,

Lohith