cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP Run with production version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts;

I am working as a member of a SAP implementation supporting team. The client wants to run MRP with alternative BOM, not with the 1st BOM. As a solution for the requirement i created production versions and assigned to MD61 schedule line tab. It is working properly.

But the user maintain some quantity as a safety stock for finished materials also. To cover the safety stock requirement, system create planned orders with the 1st BOM, not the production version.Already i have maintained the selection method "3" in material master.

Is it possible to cover safety stock with alternative BOM.

Please help..

Thanks,

Malka

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Malka,

I am not sure if you need Quota Arrangements. If you only want to use your second alternative BOM, you should only have active the production version for your second alternative BOM. Go to C223 and block the production version that is using the first BOM.

Be sure that your material in the MRP4 view of the material master has Selection Method = 3.

Thanks and Regards,

Mariano

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

UmeshMali4994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Malka,

For your issue,,
As per other expert suggested you can block the first production version but if in future you want use first production then,,

In these case you maintain production version in many way

Ex.

1.  Lot size .(if production version using for specific lot)

Maintain the Lot for both production version, so Production version 1 lot completed system take       second production version.

2. Production version validity date (If production version using for specific period )

In this case after completion of 1. Production version period system take second one

3. Manually selection of production version (If multiple production version and all have same condition)

Whenever you convert the planned order to production order, one pop up come and ask for                manually selection for Production version, for this you go to OPL8 and select the Manually                production version

I hope this information cover your all requirement, No need to go with quota arrangement

Still you want know about the Quota arrangement, Please create new thread so other expert also provide their view

Regards

Umesh Mali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

Thanks for the reply with valuable solutions .

I blocked the production version and tested. It covers the user requirement. But actually i want to test with quota allocation also. I am sorry to say, i could not understand it well. If you can explain it with more details it is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Malka

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Malka,

If your answer was responded, please select the correct answer.

Regarding the Quota, to use Quota Arrangement you need to maintain t-code MEQ1.

Here you have an example:

In this case, the MRP will assign an 80% to version 0001 and a 20% to version 0002.

You can have a single line assigning 100%.

To use Quota, you will also need to maintain Quota Arrangement usage 4 in the MRP 2 view of the material master.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Malka Samarasinghe,

I think what is happening here that during reading the requirement from safety stock it takes your first production version. By default during MRP Run it will take first production version. So you have to inactive the first production version. You can do one thing if you do not want to deactivate it then you maintained the Quota for it. Provide the 100 percent quota for that production version.

Regards,

Saurabh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malka,

Pl activate the quota usage field in the MRP2 View and assign the quota assignment as 100% for Prod version:0001.then system picks the alt BOM 1 for safety stock also.

Thanks,

Sivaprasad Ch