cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection setup maintained while stock in quality inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Consultants,

While having stock in quality inspection we were still able to maintain the inspection setup in QM view of that material in that plant.

Actually the system should have thrown error "To activate QM, the inspection stock for the material must be empty". But some how this is not happening.

Kindly provide solution.

Regards,

Ninad.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin,

Our scenario:- While doing 101 movement through MIGO (ie GR) the stock type (Quality inspection) was selected by mistake even though the QM views and inspection setup was not maintained. So the stock was transferred to quality inspection ans was not visible in QA32 and QA16.

After that We added 01, 05, 08 & 09 in the inspection set up, while there was stock in quality inspection. System allowed  to save these changes.

Now we are not able to do 321 movement to move this stock to unrestricted.

Kindly help.

Regards,

Ninad.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is strange !!

You cannot activate the 01 when quantity is in QI (if 05, 08 inspection type weren't activated). I believe you had 01 already activated and thus, quantity moved into QI after the GR. There has to be an inspection lot. Pl search again. Put the material into QA32 and nothing else, select all inspection lot and execute.

And if what you said is true, I think you should write to SAP.

Besides, Pl share the snapshots of 101 material document and MM04 (Inspection type activation log) for this material.

And to take this out of QI, try 311 so that you'll get an inspection lot with 08 origin and then you can move it out of QI (though I never tested this and not even sure if this would work)

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

just use 0800 inspection type and your prblm solved for sure.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As information to others also,

lots of threads are available as solutions.

Hope you close this thread after getting solution.

regards

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this is the case, simply delete all the inspection types for the material using QA08 and using the "individual processing" tab.  Once done, use a 321 to move the stock.

But first, double check in QA32 for any 0800 inspection types and make sure a lot isn't just sitting there in a CRTD state.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to indicate what inspection type you were activating AND if the stock in QI is linked to an inspection lot or not.

You should get an error if the stock in QI is not linked to an inspection lot already AND you are trying to activate a stock relevant inspection type (listed by Nitin above), AND none of the stock relevant inspection types are already activated in the plant.

If you can provide those additional details, maybe we can understand better.

Craig

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Only non stock relevant inspection types (like 03, 06, 07, 89 etc) can be activated inspite of stock into QI.

You can never activate 01, 04, 05 etc (stock relevant inspection types) if stock is lying in QI.

ntn

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

You can activate inspection type if it is stock-relevant and at least one active stock-relevant inspection type exists

I did not check this but I believe you can activate 01 inspection type if there is a stock in QI but inspection type like 04, 08 is already active.

So in Ninad's case, System behavior is as standard.

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes Amol you are correct its SAP standard behaviour

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Yes you are absolutely right.

If any of the stock relevant inspection is active, then another can always be activated irrelevant of stock presence into QI. But in this case, I don't think such query would arise That would be so common !

And I didn't post that statement you quoted !! 

ntn

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Actually i wanted show text from my earlier reply .

Amol.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It didn't match that either. I looked into that as well

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ninad,

• You can activate an

inspection type under the following conditions:

• If it is not stock-relevant
    • If it is stock-relevant and at least one active stock-relevant inspection type exists
    • If it is the first stock-relevant inspection type and no inspection stock exists, or if you set the indicator Activate despite insp. stock

above lines are copied from

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/2d/350ef6448c11d189420000e829fbbd/content.htm

Your scenario falls in 2nd condition. You can activate inspection type if it is stock-relevant and at least one active stock-relevant inspection type exists.

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First check few points:

a) Any inspection lot of that material is still open means having status INSP SPRQ.  Check in old dates along with current dates.

b) Second, check any partial lot is still there. means half qty posted and half is pending at lot level. with same status as mentioned above.

c) goto MMBE select the QTY and check material movements and accordingly remove it by using MVT TYP via mb1b. if all lots closed properly and if any manual posting in QI is there then only .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shailendra,

Kindly read the query properly....

I meant that system should have thrown the  error but it allowed to maintain inspection setup instead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Ok, but if your QI stock is in system for the same material then offcourse system allowed you to maintain inspection type. system throw an error when you want to remove inspection type from QM- View.

as per standard system behaviour.

regards