Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice creation-Billing block doubt

dattatreya1988
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where the sold-to party & ship-to party is ABC and bill-to party & payer is XYZ.

Sold-to party is blocked from creating invoices in XD05. (Billing block). Bill-to party and Payer doesn't have any block.

When I try to create invoice for a contract which is having above scenario, I am getting error "Document is blocked for billing" (Contract doesn't have any blocks)

I know that if we set billing block for customer in XD05, he will not be able to create any invoices. But Bill-to/Payer doesn't have any block. So SAP doesn't consider this point when blocking customer for invoicing.

Thanks,

Dattatreya N R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why you want to generate a billing document for a Sold To which is blocked for Billing?

G. Lakshmipathi

dattatreya1988
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your reply.

Does Standard SAP takes into account only sold-to party into account when creating invoice. Because in the above scenario only sold-to party has block. Bill-to party and payer doesn't have any block.

We have not blocked the bill-to party or payer from paying for the invoice.

Because as per my understanding the main partner function while creating invoice is payer. Ans since in the above case payer is not blocked, will it not allow to create invoice.

Just want clarification regarding standard SAP behavior  with respect to invoice creation.

Thanks,

Dattatreya N R

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Does Standard SAP takes into account only sold-to party into account when creating invoice

No it also takes into account Payer.  This means, if you have different Sold To and Payer at sale order header level and Payer is set to Billing Block, then system will not allow to generate billing document.

G. Lakshmipathi

dattatreya1988
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

As I have mentioned earlier, Bill-to party and payer are different than sold-to party and sold-to party has billing block.. So should it allow me to create invoice or not?

Thanks,

Dattatreya N R

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I have mentioned earlier, Bill-to party and payer are different than sold-to party and sold-to party has billing block.. So should it allow me to create invoice or not?

For these kind of questions--you should try on your own(for me it took just  2 mins)

When the payer is not been assigned with billing block--system will allows billing.

Please update...

Phanikumar

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,
the standard copy requirement routine 002 prevents billing creation when PAYER has a billing block:

* Billing block in customer master

IF KURGV-FAKSD NE SPACE.

SELECT SINGLE * FROM TVFSP WHERE FAKSP = KURGV-FAKSD

AND   FKART = TVFK-FKART.

IF SY-SUBRC = 0.

PERFORM VBFS_HINZUFUEGEN USING '000000' '068' KURGV-KUNNR

SPACE SPACE.

Maybe you are using your own copy requirement routine checking sold-to party block

KUAGV-FAKSD. Please check intransaction VTFA

Best regards,

Ivano.